PDA

View Full Version : Double Din??

1 Bad B5
03-22-2009, 02:04 PM
I Wanna Know If Anybody On Here Has Pulled Of Putting A Double Din Radio In The B5??

I Have A Fresh Pioneer AVIC-D2 That I Wanna Put In I Got It At A Price That Was To Good To Pass Up...I Already Have A 7" Flip Out In The Dash But This Would Be Sooooo Much Better!!

If Anybody Has Done A Double Din Plz Post Some Pics...And A How You Did It.. As I Would Like To Put This In

fikes
03-22-2009, 02:16 PM
your a 98 so its allot of work and allot of parts. if you were 99.5 its simple but your not so I would say not to do it unless your are highly skilled in wiring. As well there is a huge thread on it being done so please search.

Mawhitey
03-22-2009, 02:23 PM
Search HVAC IIRC.

It can be done, and i have in fact, but you need the whole console, the cage, the switches, the control box,and the hvac controls and some wiring skils

1 Bad B5
03-22-2009, 02:32 PM
God Damn...Ima Check Wit A Local Radio Shop To See What They Say!...And Yea Sry Really Didnt Search It!

97a41.8t
03-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Damn i wish i had some pictures of mine before i pulled it in my 97.

In the 97 with the rectangular buttons above the radio, i had to relocate the hazard and rear defogger switch so i could do a cut out and move the double din up leaving the HVAC in place.

Now in my 99, i moved the HVAC down (removing the ashtray). I bought the 00-01 Dash Kit and am modifying it to fit the 99.5 (Pre Double Din). I'll post some pics tomorrow when its light out.