PDA

View Full Version : Vag-Com Tricks

adr3naline fix
03-22-2009, 09:55 AM
1st: Can you modifiy codes with the free version of VagCom? I only have the free version

I've been on google for just short of an hour looking for DIY's on how to change codes so I can do stuff like 'lock doors and lower windows in one touch' or 'one, two, or three beeps upon locking'...etc. I can't find any good DIYs!

Seerlah
03-22-2009, 09:58 AM
You don't need VAG com for the windows. Hold down the window button on the door for maybe 5-10 seconds. It programs automatically. Only works on the front windows and not the rears (for my car anyways).

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113722

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222147

adr3naline fix
03-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I just tried that....and it did not work. You yankin my chain here?

jturnbull
03-22-2009, 10:08 AM
You need VAG for that

Seerlah
03-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Not yanking your chain, man. Everytime I disconnect my battery I do that and it works fine for me. Looks like the PO did some VAG com mods to my vehicle....................Duh, my seat belt indicator does not come on either [;)]

jturnbull
03-22-2009, 10:16 AM
I don't ever remember having a seat belt light and the guy that had mine before me never did anything that would change that.

Seerlah
03-22-2009, 10:35 AM
I am assuming you can download the full version from here: http://www.torrentreactor.net/find/ross-tech

Then you should be able to change the soft coding after that. Check the second link in my first post for mods. I think +64 to your original coding (make sure you write down your original code for future referance) should enable you to do window functions (it says it is for the one touch via remote and there is nothing I have found for the 1-touch window up/down from inside the cabin. But I can also close my windows via remote, so I am assuming they use the same code). After you change the coding, then hold down the window button inside the cabin for 10 seconds to see if it works.

Borden
03-22-2009, 01:17 PM
1st: Can you modifiy codes with the free version of VagCom? I only have the free version

I've been on google for just short of an hour looking for DIY's on how to change codes so I can do stuff like 'lock doors and lower windows in one touch' or 'one, two, or three beeps upon locking'...etc. I can't find any good DIYs!

For the windows try holding them in the up position, when i disconnect my battery i tried that and it works hold it for 3-5 seconds

Seerlah
03-22-2009, 01:28 PM
For the windows try holding them in the up position, when i disconnect my battery i tried that and it works hold it for 3-5 seconds

Works for me too [confused]. Maybe holding it in the up position and the down position makes a difference.

B5A4Kevin
03-22-2009, 03:44 PM
to reset onetouch windows after disconnecting battery/module/etc:

raise windows to fully closed position
press and hold the up function of desired window switch for 2-5 seconds
release. tada.

to make rear windows have one touch UP and down:
remove rear interior door panel of desired window.
remove window regulator motor of desired window.
loop a single copper wire between pins 5 and 7 (not sure but thats what the diy said) iirc it may be the wrong pin numbers. but you are jumping the power source to the pin that has no wire going to that socket.

it wont mess anything up and you will still have pinch protection if done properly.

bigtm792
03-22-2009, 03:57 PM
i'm not sure here but i dont think this guy is talking about reseting the one touch feature after disconnecting the battery. i think hes talking about enabling the windows to be lowered with the unlock button on the remote. from what i know that can only be done with a vag.

Borden
03-22-2009, 04:18 PM
^^ohhh yea to be able to lock/unlock and lower windows with the remote you need a VAG to do it

adr3naline fix
03-23-2009, 06:49 AM
Yeah I'm refering to when I press the lock key (Dont really care about unlock to open windows).

Im looking to have the car close all open windows/sunroof when I press the lock key.

bl0wn3ur0
03-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Go to ross-tech.com and on the top of the page there is a option that says info, click that link and then look up your model b5 and they have a lot of the more popular mods that people like to do(windows with remote, seatbelt chime etc. That is where I found the coding for the vag-com mods I have done to my car(04 A4)

B5A4Kevin
03-23-2009, 07:13 AM
you can code the central locking module to have remote windows, and they will all go down, but unless the op modifies the rear window motors, the rears will not close by remote.

Popecok
03-23-2009, 07:27 AM
I did the same thing with my windows last summer. I don't remember the exact sequence but i know i found out how to do it from the Easter Egg sticky in the DIY section of this forum. It wasn't too hard probably took me 5 minutes. I don't know if you need the full vag or not, I used one.

bl0wn3ur0
03-23-2009, 09:12 AM
you can code the central locking module to have remote windows, and they will all go down, but unless the op modifies the rear window motors, the rears will not close by remote.

My cousins 2000 A4 and my friends 2000 S4 only have vag-com coding done(no physical mods to the window motors) and the rear windows on both cars go up and down with the remote.

To OP you can make these changes with the free version of vagcom