PDA

View Full Version : B5 A4 1.8T Timing Belt DIY Video Released!

ThePaintballGuy
03-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Ok,
So most of you have seen my 5 min DIY video that i did back in Dec. If not then here is the link:

http://audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122307

Anyways, a lot of you have show interest in wanting a full size slowed down version DIY video. Well I FINALLY finished it today.

The video is a total of almost 23 min long and includes step by step instructions on what to do. It shows the ENTIRE process that i video-taped but some of it is sped up. If you guys want i will post a small section of the video on youtube so you can kind of see what it's like.

Here is the problem the video is to big to upload to youtube or any place like that and I can host it on my site but i can't make a public link due to bandwidth. SO... here is what I am going to do.

Please visit my website and choose which version you want and just follow the directions on my site.

CLICK HERE ---> www.jmlpictures.com/diy.php

Hopefully there is still interest in this!

Josh

ChumbaWumba
03-21-2009, 10:31 PM
just requested =)

biketsai
03-21-2009, 11:01 PM
[up] Glad to see this. Might be interested in the future!

pho1n1x
03-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Just requested also, I'm the one who mentioned filedropper btw.

ThePaintballGuy
03-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Hey guys thanks for the interest. I will have the link for all who requested later tonight or tomorrow. Just trying to get the video optimized more for download. A 2.6gig file is huge so i am making it smaller right now. Sorry for the delay but you will get it sometime tomorrow. I promise.

josh

ThePaintballGuy
03-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Ok guys! Email's have been sent!

Please post up what you think!

Josh

a418ts
03-23-2009, 08:28 AM
you are the man !
too bad i already got it done by a friend.
atleast i'll know for the future !

thanks lots man.

TurboAudiGuy
03-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Wow awesome video. This will be my first timing belt I will do on a car. It doesn't even look all that complicated just time consuming. Thanks for doing this awesome DIY!!!

pho1n1x
03-23-2009, 02:04 PM
It's a great writeup! I have a few suggestions though.. it might be easier to set aside some portion of the screen and black it out for text because some of the text is hard to read when it's overlaid on some parts of the video. Other than that though, it's a great diy vid! Thanks for your contribution to the community! I'll have it up in my filedropper account soon so that you can link to that instead of having to bust out your own bandwidth

ThePaintballGuy
03-23-2009, 02:12 PM
thanks for the suggestion. And don't worry about the file dropper account. I have upgraded my bandwidth and I'm good now. Thanks for the offer though!

Josh

yajnas
03-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks. I just sent you a request.

If you are not planning to make this a paid video in the future, you can also torrent it, so people who want it, can download using a torrent and it will save you your bandwidth. If you need help making a torrent let me know. Thanks a bunch.

pho1n1x
03-23-2009, 10:18 PM
actually yeah the torrent idea was something I was gonna add, but it looks like someone already beat me to it :-P

ThePaintballGuy
03-24-2009, 08:14 PM
I might do the torrent thing.. but i really am not worried about bandwidth anymore. I checked my site's configuration and I am allowed 300gig of bandwidth a month... im not even close to that!

Josh

P.S. Anyone else have any reviews for the video?

jturnbull
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Good video can't wait to use it thanks man.