PDA

View Full Version : FWD 08 TT Drive Train Mystery.....

ScottyRay
03-19-2009, 05:59 AM
My 08 front wheel drive TT has developed a sloppy drivetrain. It feels like a bad u-joint that gives you that extra little jerk because of the "play" in the bad joint or ???. For example, transitioning from 3 to 2nd I am feeling a what once was a fairly smooth gear change, now much harder, and I can audibly hear a mechanical "clank" sound. At a dead stop, if I shift from neutral to another gear, one beat after shifting, i can hear the clank response of something engaging or taking up play. I dont think it is the transmission. The tranny seems to be functioning fine...it is something responding to shifting that I am feeling/hearing. I called a mechanic and he said there are no u-joints or cv type joints between the tranny and engine. The car is still under warranty, but the dealer couldnt diagnose. I have 25k on this car, I know it well, and something is going on with it that aint right. If there are no joints to check, can it be there is a loose, broken, or cracked mount? YOUR HELP OR THOUGHTS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

ScottyRay
03-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Bye the way....It is DSG Tranny....