PDA

View Full Version : Few codes

YoungGentleman86
03-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey guys I'm back with a new (well 113,000miles) motor, fresh control arms and drive axles.

Anyway to the issue. after the motor was installed i check engine light still (didnt get to check before). Car ran great but i had the plugs replaced the same time i did the control arms and noticed that the car has a rougher idle all of a sudden.

Went in to autozone and had them scan it.
MAF sensor
throttle position sensor
and misfire in cylinders 1 and 4
.... any ideas?

also after the new drive axles... the car runs good but when i get on the brake i get a slight buzzing sound and feel from the front left and checked... the wheel was sensed to be moving slower than the rest... checked the abs sensor on it and it fixed it for the most part, except when the car is creep very slow and i get on the brakes. The mechanic and another guy i was having a convo with said for me to give it abit and it should correct itself (guy said same happened to his car before... he wasnt at the shop... just some guy i was having a convo with at school).

Jibberific
03-19-2009, 08:19 AM
I would take apart the airbox and spray the MAF down with some MAF sensor cleaner, if that doesn't help you might need to buy a new one. Do you maybe have a K&N filter installed right now? The oils come off and coat the MAF element which could be why you are idling funny... the car isn't measuring the incoming air correctly. But since you're misfiring you probably need new coil packs as well

As for the axle thing, i had the same issue before after getting both front axles replaced with brand new ones. The ABS sensor, i was told, is situated near where the axle goes into the hub. The new axles fit in there more precisely than the old ones which were worn and had slightly smaller splines (apparently)..... the sensor saw that extremely miniscule size difference and interpreted it as the wheels rotating at a different rate from each other, causing the ABS to kick in. I brought it back to the mechanic, he reset all the codes in the ECU, and it was fine after that

myers1.8TQ
03-19-2009, 08:26 AM
Do you currently have the missfire or was that a stored fault?

YoungGentleman86
03-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Myers1.8TQ, come to think of it i think the missfire was the same stored code from before i changed the motor.

Thanks Jibberific that puts me at ease with the abs issue. I don't have a K&N Filter but it did just start idling weirdly after i had the spark plugs replace so i'll check everything and make sure its seated right and then clear the codes. Also will make sure to clean it.

thanks guys, i'll let you know how things turn out.

myers1.8TQ
03-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Make sure the plugs are gaped correctly. What plugs did you have put in?

YoungGentleman86
03-19-2009, 04:19 PM
bosche... cant remember the code but i had looked it up and it was the right one for the car gapped at 32

YoungGentleman86
04-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I got the MAF today in the mail and all the shops were quoting like 80 dollars to install it so i decided to undertake it myself and got it in in about 5-8 mins.... unhooked cable to sensor, loosened clamp on hose and took the 4 bolts out and reverse for install.... I'm so hyped because its my first real work on the car (except for stereo stuff).

Now just gonna head over to autozone in the morning to clear the CEL and see if any codes come back (still wondering if the MAF could have caused the missfire codes also).

PS While i was working i noticed my air box can be shifted a bit. Is this something of no real importance?

YoungGentleman86
04-17-2009, 11:34 AM
just an update:
MAF code was cleared.
Changed my coil pack and got rid of the misfire codes.
The other code was not for the throttle position sensor but for the intake air temp sensor (IAT). I bought a new one and had it installed but code still exists.
Anyone have an idea that could be giving me that code other than the sensor (P0113)?

YoungGentleman86
11-25-2009, 06:33 AM
Just an update... I still have the P0113 code but I'm close to finally correcting it. Bought a scanner recently so no need to have to make the autozone trips. something is def up with the IAT harness of connector because when i checked it is reading the intake air temp as -40 F!!. I'm guessing this was what was also causing the car to stall while coming to a full stop (about to idle) during the summer when it was pretty hot outside because now that it is colder it is reacting alot better.

Changed my abs sensor for that wheel but still get the correction response thing so im guessing it has to be something else also causing it (abs sensor was bad anyway).