PDA

View Full Version : help guys i got pulled over on bs

quatrroking
03-18-2009, 04:10 PM
So I was visiting a freind in red bank today and a cop pulled me over because he said my passenger loked at him wrong. He then tells me my inspection sticker is fake and my car does not have a record of ever being inspected and it is a 98, and i got it used in 06. Now when i first got it from the dealer i inspected it at the dmv then the second time was at a dmv certified shop. I found the reciept for the first one but I cannot find the second one from this past september. Online it says that it is a 500 dollar fine and possible jail time.
HELP ME GUYS.

BY THE WAY I AM BLACK

.Mad Hatter.
03-18-2009, 04:11 PM
we dont care that you are black, at least i dont, dont play that card man.

find your reciept and be done with it.

lotusgardener
03-18-2009, 04:15 PM
that's one bored cop in NJ.

fikes
03-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Should have asked him how he wants you to look at him. I find it semi humorous he pulled someone over for looking at him wrong but from what I hear that's allot of common law nowadays they find stupid ass reasons.

ianbis
03-18-2009, 04:24 PM
So I was visiting a freind in red bank today and a cop pulled me over because he said my passenger loked at him wrong. He then tells me my inspection sticker is fake and my car does not have a record of ever being inspected and it is a 98, and i got it used in 06. Now when i first got it from the dealer i inspected it at the dmv then the second time was at a dmv certified shop. I found the reciept for the first one but I cannot find the second one from this past september. Online it says that it is a 500 dollar fine and possible jail time.
HELP ME GUYS.

BY THE WAY I AM BLACK

You didn't say so I'll assume that the car is registered in NJ. All you have to do is go to any inspection station (NOT DMV/MVC office) do not join the line, just go straight to the office and ask for a "reprint". They will ask for your registration and within a couple of seconds they will hand you a reprint of the last inspection result. It does not matter where you last had your vehicle inspected, as long as the system in not down they will be able to get you the paperwork.

quatrroking
03-18-2009, 04:34 PM
You didn't say so I'll assume that the car is registered in NJ. All you have to do is go to any inspection station (NOT DMV/MVC office) do not join the line, just go straight to the office and ask for a "reprint". They will ask for your registration and within a couple of seconds they will hand you a reprint of the last inspection result. It does not matter where you last had your vehicle inspected, as long as the system in not down they will be able to get you the paperwork.

so I guess I am screwed with the fine i dont think I will do jail time I dont have a record.

maxspeed
03-18-2009, 04:57 PM
we dont care that you are black, at least i dont, dont play that card man.

find your reciept and be done with it.

uhm, obviously youve never spent time in jersey, the cops there are NOTORIOUSLY racist. i mean shit, ever heard the song hurricane by bob dylan?

bob12312357
03-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Some of the local cops in Jersey you would swear led the local KKK chapter. Most small towns have all white police forces. Redbank included, its just odd that its a town of muchachos and yet every cop I've ever seen there was white.

.Mad Hatter.
03-18-2009, 06:04 PM
ok well my bad.

i just wish that shit didnt go on, and its not nearly as prevelent up here. apologies.

maxspeed
03-18-2009, 06:14 PM
ok well my bad.

i just wish that shit didnt go on, and its not nearly as prevelent up here. apologies.

oh believe me, i wish this world was devoid of racism myself, shit i got picked on everyday in highschool for the sake of being jewish, unfotunatley it happens, and it sucks when it gets handed down by the police.

f15046
03-18-2009, 06:16 PM
BY THE WAY I AM WHITE, so WTF does it matter???

Why include useless info? The police are complete dicks to everyone, this is our govt. we are talking about. They are not fair.

B5 Quattro
03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
So you tryed getting the paper work ?
Ya it dose happen in Canada....ALOT. LOL.
Just this week I was pulled and my sub box was the prob. They took my sub out and broke it, got tar (off their gloves) on my seat and door.
And they said its not their prob.

Just get your stuff togther and try your best. Thats all we can do.
And Im sorry to hear that this happened man.

myers1.8TQ
03-18-2009, 06:26 PM
"BY THE WAY IM BLACK"

LOL!!!

Seriously man, pay it and be done.

turbo kraut
03-18-2009, 06:38 PM
so I guess I am screwed with the fine i dont think I will do jail time I dont have a record.

i would think if you can show that you had the inspection done, that a judge should throw it out...... kind of like a fix it ticket or one for not showing insurance

might have to pay court costs

2001A4QUATTRO
03-18-2009, 06:58 PM
I got pulled over in VA for supposedly going 100 in a 50. I passed the cop @ 80 but I was doing 100.. The cop <paced> me LOL Got tickets for the tint,hid's,tinted tails, blacked out headlights, lowering springs... Cops ARE DICKS! Regardless of race. Stop playing the fucking race card. Ohh yeah might spend 8-12 days in jail for this, and I have no record...

BTW I AM WHITE! SO WTF DOES THAT MEAN? ????? DONT LOWER YOUR IQ...

witwer4444
03-18-2009, 07:07 PM
ya guys, he was just saying he was black because he feels like thats why he might of gotten pulled over, NOT because he wants us to have sympathy for him. cut the man a break jeez

and as far as what to say to cops, never talk back, NEVER, just be polite and cooperate. i am on probation and believe me that shit doesnt work, even if they think you're talking back and you are really trying to be polite.

If the judge drops it, you still will have to pay court costs, and thats all they really care about. (more money in their pocket)

damn, i thought michigan laws are strict, but i guess here they're not that bad (i now know never to move to jersey lol :) )

quatrroking
03-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I got pulled over in VA for supposedly going 100 in a 50. I passed the cop @ 80 but I was doing 100.. The cop <paced> me LOL Got tickets for the tint,hid's,tinted tails, blacked out headlights, lowering springs... Cops ARE DICKS! Regardless of race. Stop playing the fucking race card. Ohh yeah might spend 8-12 days in jail for this, and I have no record...

8 -12 days even with no record and no knowledge of the fraudulant sticker

beans912
03-18-2009, 08:09 PM
just get a print out verifying that your inspect is valid and send that in with the citation and it should get thrown out. If not take it to court and show the judge the paper work and you'll be fine.

You weren't breaking any laws, you can't get punished

A3toB5
03-18-2009, 09:09 PM
HELP ME GUYS.

BY THE WAY I AM BLACK

ok I was taking this very serious untill you said the last line.. shit had me rolling... ( no disrespect ) I am black aswell lol lol ol lol lol lol.. Just that has nothing to do with guys on the forum giving you advice..

P.S just check with DMV yourself and see if you see your car is registered...

a4mafia(Red)
03-18-2009, 09:27 PM
cops are TOLD to watch for and follow blacks, teenagers(esp men), and flashy cars.....i was told this by a cop. its fucked up...
EDIT: ^^sorry, i dont mean to be so absolute that this is true for all cops, just 3 cops that i know who work for 3 separate districts have told me this.

im not familiar with the laws in virginia, but how did you get ticketed for hids? and did they measure the VLT% of your tails and headlights?........in ohio your headlights and tails just have to be visible from a certain distance, so it seems it'd be hard to prove.

.Mad Hatter.
03-19-2009, 08:58 AM
So you tryed getting the paper work ?
Ya it dose happen in Canada....ALOT. LOL.
Just this week I was pulled and my sub box was the prob. They took my sub out and broke it, got tar (off their gloves) on my seat and door.
And they said its not their prob.

Just get your stuff togther and try your best. Thats all we can do.
And Im sorry to hear that this happened man.

well lets not pretend that shit doesnt happen to white people or anyone of any other race or ethnicity. there are asshole cops all over the place who are black, white, asian, etc.

and in general canadian society is much more tolerable of minorities and immigrents than the US.

B5 Quattro
03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
LOL.
I never siad that I was Black or White. LOL.
Maybe the US is not as "forgiving" as Canada. But My point still stands. IT HAPPENS HERE !

And YES, all minorities get it.
LOL.

.Mad Hatter.
03-19-2009, 10:56 AM
well with all due respect, look around toronto, white is the minority.

lets also not try and pretend that there are a great deal of visible minorties within the emergency services. especially police. i am speaking about toronto of course, i dont have a clue how things are in the states.

you said YOU got pulled over (with regard to cops being unfair to black men), then you went as far as to say "we"...or did you mean audi drivers...

B5 Quattro
03-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Unorthodxa4
Im not trying to pick a fight. (I hope that I am just misunderstaning you)
When I say Canada Im talking about Canada. Not just T.O. Yes In T-dot (downtown) white is the minority. In the GTA however its a bit diff. I would say about 85 percent or so of the times that Ive been pulled over its been by a white cop. But with that said I have meay cops as friends.

And asfar as the WE part I ment WE PPL. Not we black or we Audi drivers.
Any how I hope that this summer with the zine meets/drives that we (Audizine drivers) we will meet and have a good time hanging.

.Mad Hatter.
03-19-2009, 01:25 PM
ya man i hope there were no hard feelings.

race is always a tough issue, and i always try to leave it out as a factor with regard to decision making. sometimes i guess that puts me in a position where i choose to (foolishly) think others put race out of the equation.

as for whites as the minority i meant that more as playful (i work at morningside and 401), all my friends from work are tamil, indian, guyanese or black. thankfully we can actually talk about things like race and not cross any lines.

cliffs: i hate race cards being pulled (not saying that was the case here), but i also hate hearing that people actually still discriminate based on race (sometimes i like to pretend it doesnt happen as much as it does)

ianbis
03-19-2009, 03:57 PM

no, I did not say you were screwed ............ when you get your "reprint" the info on the "VIR" will match the info on the sticker including the VIN, the CIF/PIF number, the vehicle description and the sticker number itself. Take the "VIR" with you when you go to court ask to speak with the prosecutor before court starts (make sure you drive the vehicle to court, incase they send an officer to check the actual sticker info against the "VIR") and you should be ok. They might throw it out or still have the hearing and have you pay court fees, cheaper but still unfair unfortunately that is the way government works.

Now if the info on the "VIR" does not match ................. that is a different story. Tell me where you are located as I am versed in this subject, no I'm not a lawyer

black99.5a4
03-19-2009, 04:08 PM
i think its funny as soon as he was told to goto the inspection station and get a reprint he talks about how it sscrewed and is stuck paying a fine.

i suspect the car wasnt re-registered.. lol

yajnas
03-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Sorry to hear what happened to you. I agree 100% to what witwer4444 is saying. Just be polite, decline to accept any wrong doing. If the cop still issues you a ticket, fight it in court. Arguing with a cop is a no-win situation.

I can tell you this from my own personal experience. In last three years, I got pulled over four times in four different states (MI, NH, CT and IL). Three times for speeding and once for passing in no-pass zone. But I never got a ticket. I got off on warning in all the four instances. All i did was talked extremely politely and refused to accept any wrongdoing on my part. By the way, I am also not white.

prey
03-19-2009, 04:26 PM
ya man i hope there were no hard feelings.

race is always a tough issue, and i always try to leave it out as a factor with regard to decision making. sometimes i guess that puts me in a position where i choose to (foolishly) think others put race out of the equation.

as for whites as the minority i meant that more as playful (i work at morningside and 401), all my friends from work are tamil, indian, guyanese or black. thankfully we can actually talk about things like race and not cross any lines.

cliffs: i hate race cards being pulled (not saying that was the case here), but i also hate hearing that people actually still discriminate based on race (sometimes i like to pretend it doesnt happen as much as it does)

Do you work at a computer place lol..

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
03-19-2009, 05:01 PM
by the way i am white, so wtf does it matter???

Why include useless info? The police are complete dicks to everyone, this is our govt. We are talking about. They are not fair.
reAd above postS

quatrroking
03-19-2009, 05:49 PM
no, I did not say you were screwed ............ when you get your "reprint" the info on the "VIR" will match the info on the sticker including the VIN, the CIF/PIF number, the vehicle description and the sticker number itself. Take the "VIR" with you when you go to court ask to speak with the prosecutor before court starts (make sure you drive the vehicle to court, incase they send an officer to check the actual sticker info against the "VIR") and you should be ok. They might throw it out or still have the hearing and have you pay court fees, cheaper but still unfair unfortunately that is the way government works.

Now if the info on the "VIR" does not match ................. that is a different story. Tell me where you are located as I am versed in this subject, no I'm not a lawyer

so i went back to the place and they said they have no records of this and they do not do inspections so I went and got my car reinspected and now I should be good when I go to court in a month hopfully.

00s4slvr
03-20-2009, 05:22 AM

lowering your car isnt illegal lol and you cant get a ticket for that!!

BlkBullitt
03-20-2009, 06:31 AM
so i went back to the place and they said they have no records of this and they do not do inspections so I went and got my car reinspected and now I should be good when I go to court in a month hopfully.

Good luck! Please let us know how it goes!

This experience is a great example (for everyone) on why it is so important to CYA in every aspect of your life. Always document everything, always keep important documents filed, and always carry copies of any documents you have about your vehicle inside the car (for example I even have copies of my emissions check documents inside my Audi... even though I supposedly don't ever have to present them other then to the BMV every 2 years when I register my license plates).

slopoke
03-20-2009, 07:04 AM
THIS IS WHY I ALWAYS VIDEO TAPE THE COP AS HE COMES UP TO THE WINDOW ALWAYS!

Got me out off 90% of my tix

Chiddo
03-20-2009, 07:18 AM
DON'T LISTEN TO SLOPOKE!!! HE'S A LIAR AND A THIEF! CHECKOUT THE BUYER/SELLER FEEDBACK POSTS AND YOU GUYS WILL SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Sorry about the thread jacking but this scumbag stole money from me and another AZ member.

a4mafia(Red)
03-20-2009, 10:05 AM
lowering your car isnt illegal lol and you cant get a ticket for that!!

in ohio your front bumper has to have 4" clearance. so yes you can get a ticket for it

NogaroWonda00
03-20-2009, 10:15 AM
FUCK JERSEY anyways keep all your prick cops over there! lol that sucks you got pulled over while being black man! btw the only legit reason id see a cop "follow" you guys is because of the numbers of these cars that are stolen. I swear when i read a jersey thread it either ends up with my car got jacked last night or a wreck or the police. Just go get a reprint of your shit and they should drop it.

FLACO X3
03-20-2009, 01:48 PM
i would think if you can show that you had the inspection done, that a judge should throw it out...... kind of like a fix it ticket or one for not showing insurance

might have to pay court costs

x2

Fuck the pinche jura too.

ianbis
03-21-2009, 05:27 PM

I told you to go to an inspection station. I did NOT tell you to go to the place where you last got your car inspected .......... now even I am getting suspicious. If you have a good sticker (not expired) in NJ you cannot get your vehicle inspected or even re-inspected at an inspection station (you can only get a re-print at an inspection station if your sticker is not expired), you actually have to go to a PIF (Private Inspection Facility) and pay to get your vehicle inspected. Sorry your story is starting to unravel ................

for those of you that don't live in NJ .......... inspections are done for free at the Inspection Stations. If NJ residents would like to they can opt to have their vehicles inspected at a PIF (Private Inspection Facility) but they have to pay for the inspection. So instead of the original poster going to get a "re-print" of the "VIR" (paperwork) for free, he decided to go to the place where he got his car inspected and they told him they do not do inspections, really?? So he went and got his car re-inspected, well if the sticker in the window was good (not expired) he could not have got it re-inspected at an inspection station he would have had to get it done at a PIF where he would have had to pay for the inspection, remember he could have gotten the re-print for free at an inspection station?? Either he left out a lot of details or I call BS

2001A4QUATTRO
03-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes it is actually... Perhaps there are not as many dickhead cops in your state as you think.. LOL MD and VA law dictate: You cannot change anything on the car out of oem specs... That includes lowering, wheel size and even exhaust if they want to be dicks. I got ticketed on the lights because they were depos and did not have the DOT stamp on them... Ohh BTW I know HID's arent illegal, they are oem, but like you said <Dont argue with the cops...> LOL

quatrroking
03-21-2009, 09:42 PM
I told you to go to an inspection station. I did NOT tell you to go to the place where you last got your car inspected .......... now even I am getting suspicious. If you have a good sticker (not expired) in NJ you cannot get your vehicle inspected or even re-inspected at an inspection station (you can only get a re-print at an inspection station if your sticker is not expired), you actually have to go to a PIF (Private Inspection Facility) and pay to get your vehicle inspected. Sorry your story is starting to unravel ................

for those of you that don't live in NJ .......... inspections are done for free at the Inspection Stations. If NJ residents would like to they can opt to have their vehicles inspected at a PIF (Private Inspection Facility) but they have to pay for the inspection. So instead of the original poster going to get a "re-print" of the "VIR" (paperwork) for free, he decided to go to the place where he got his car inspected and they told him they do not do inspections, really?? So he went and got his car re-inspected, well if the sticker in the window was good (not expired) he could not have got it re-inspected at an inspection station he would have had to get it done at a PIF where he would have had to pay for the inspection, remember he could have gotten the re-print for free at an inspection station?? Either he left out a lot of details or I call BS
I went to a private station for two reasons to check my catalytic converter the other shop put in and to check the o2 sensors they put in. And since the other shop was scamming people there was no record of my inspection from september.

quatrroking
03-21-2009, 09:48 PM
I also talked with an attorney and they looked up the shop and they found a bunch of complaints against them but I cannot file charges with the better business bureau because i can not find the reciept. by the way I would not knowingly put illegal stickers on my car, my story is all legit.

burner799
03-21-2009, 10:36 PM
...so the cop was right. That kind of shit with the inspection people would not go down in california.

adr3naline fix
03-22-2009, 09:44 AM
I can't imagine his excuse of "Your passanger looked at me weird" will hold up in court

teamdaraptor
03-22-2009, 09:59 AM
in ohio your front bumper has to have 4" clearance. so yes you can get a ticket for it

Even lowered 2" the b5 a4's still have 4.25" of clearance from the subframe to the concrete.

a4mafia(Red)
03-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Even lowered 2" the b5 a4's still have 4.25" of clearance from the subframe to the concrete.

cuz you can't lower a b5 more than 2"....and i think you misread my post, i said front bumper

DJmuggs
03-22-2009, 11:06 AM
cops are TOLD to watch for and follow blacks, teenagers(esp men), and flashy cars.....i was told this by a cop. its fucked up...
EDIT: ^^sorry, i dont mean to be so absolute that this is true for all cops, just 3 cops that i know who work for 3 separate districts have told me this.

lol, why do you think they do that? because 75% of black men in the ages between 18-24 with expensive cars have those cars because of illegal activities.. (ie: drug dealing)
not that i haven't done so myself, lol.. im just saying you can look that statistic up if you really want to.

burner799
03-22-2009, 11:09 AM
You just totally made that statistic up didn't you? lol

DJmuggs
03-22-2009, 11:11 AM
You just totally made that statistic up didn't you? lol

just a tad.. lol

a4mafia(Red)
03-22-2009, 01:44 PM
lol, why do you think they do that? because 75% of black men in the ages between 18-24 with expensive cars have those cars because of illegal activities.. (ie: drug dealing)
not that i haven't done so myself, lol.. im just saying you can look that statistic pu if you really want to.

dude, profiling is wrong

B5A4Kevin
03-22-2009, 02:22 PM
just pay it and move to florida where there are no emissions laws or inspections

ianbis
03-22-2009, 04:44 PM
I went to a private station for two reasons to check my catalytic converter the other shop put in and to check the o2 sensors they put in. And since the other shop was scamming people there was no record of my inspection from september.

I am a hard sell I know ............. an Inspection station could have checked the cat and the O2 sensors for free ......... So was the sticker ligit?? You said the other shop was scamming people .......... how?? details please was the sticker real and the inspection fake?? was the isnpection and the sticker fake?? What did you do with the original sticker?? You can turn it in to the state and put the shop in some seriously hot water .............

ianbis
03-22-2009, 04:48 PM
I also talked with an attorney and they looked up the shop and they found a bunch of complaints against them but I cannot file charges with the better business bureau because i can not find the reciept. by the way I would not knowingly put illegal stickers on my car, my story is all legit.

NJ inspections stickers have a "chain of custody" (I know it sounds stupid) from the time that they are printed to the time that they are handed out. If this was a ligit (meaning real) sticker then you can still file charges ......... who has the old sticker??

a4mafia(Red)
03-22-2009, 05:10 PM
just pay it and move to florida where there are no emissions laws or inspections

florida = no fault laws[down]

quatrroking
03-23-2009, 10:50 AM
NJ inspections stickers have a "chain of custody" (I know it sounds stupid) from the time that they are printed to the time that they are handed out. If this was a ligit (meaning real) sticker then you can still file charges ......... who has the old sticker??

when I got pulled over the cop made me get out of my car and he cut the sticker out with a razor blade. he said he is goin to use it for evidence. As for the shop i think it was all fake and by the way they messed up my after cat o2 sensor and never actually changed the cat. Thanks for your help tho man your posts are real informative.

ianbis
03-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Do you remember what the sticker looked like?? Do you have any pix of the car showing the sticker?? Are you going to court with a lawyer?? If you are, the lawyer should have access to the "evidence" (ie sticker) prior to the court date. I would love to know the "PIF" number etc on the sticker insert ............. too bad you did not take a photo of the sticker with your cell phone before the cop took it .................

quatrroking
03-23-2009, 04:11 PM
i tried to take a pic but he said no and he explained to me how he could tell it was fake. and yes I am goin with a lawyer