PDA

View Full Version : For those with the 034 snub mount.....?

Seerlah
03-18-2009, 10:43 AM
.....how did you get the snub mount back on? This is starting to irritate me. I trimmed it, lubed the sh*t out of it and it is still not wanting to budge. 034 was not lying when they advertise as solid mounts. Those things grant no room for stretch to make an easy install. It is coming to a point I want to trim the entire inner groove and then super glue that b*tch in there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I maybe have 4 more hours until sunset (then I turn into a vampire [:p]). Thanks!

Nebone
03-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Did you raise the motor remove the front clip? Looks like a blood donut don't it haha

Seerlah
03-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I used PB Blaster and got new bolts from the dealership for the semi-stripped ones. But any advice on slipping the new one on. I also see the next encounter of getting the larger bracket over the mount. I can get that on though. It is the mount itself that is troubling me. How were you able to get yours on easily?

Oh, and how is the new job? Or you didn't start yet?

Russell2686
03-18-2009, 11:13 AM
when i did my snub mount the only was i got it back in was to shove in there a little bit and then tighten everything and let the front end push it in...if that makes any sense

Seerlah
03-18-2009, 11:18 AM
But there is nothing to tighten besides the bumper shocks. Either way, I am about to take your advice if it worked. Will update in a couple minutes.

Hmmmmm, what if I was to do as you just said, start the engine and go for a quick ride up the street. Come back, unbolt everything, and see if it placed the mount firm onto the snub? Then adjust as necessary? The movement of the engine should engine the mount, correct? How safe would one consider this?

Nebone
03-18-2009, 11:20 AM
If you hammer it in it could crack since it's fairly brittle. You could cut in small chamfer on the ID of the snub so it would begin sliding on to that rod. Yeh, I started the new job.

GetBoosted84
03-18-2009, 11:23 AM
I stuck mine in the microwave for about 45 seconds. Went right on. No trimming or lube needed.

Seerlah
03-18-2009, 11:24 AM
^ Haha. I am about to go and try this.

djwimbo
03-18-2009, 11:55 AM

I used a heat gun, it's a bit more safe.

I installed mine on my AEB without removing the front clip. I lubed it and popped it in with a pry bar.

Yay, 034 mounts [up]

Seerlah
03-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Tried the microwave and front end replacement technique. And I trimmed off enough to not want to trim any more. I lubed up the snub, inside the bracket and inside the mount. I am about to go bolt up the bracket, start the engine and try and bang it in. If anything bad happens, no one has to say that I was not warned [:(].

mike-2ptzero
03-18-2009, 11:58 AM

It works.

Seerlah
03-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Chickened out on hammering it in. Going back into the microwave.

pac1085
03-18-2009, 12:14 PM
I trimmed the shit out of it with a dremel first, and then I held my body against the wall with my back and forced it on with my foot. that hurt like hell, that thing is never comming off unless i cut it off.

mike-2ptzero
03-18-2009, 12:21 PM
If you need something to push it on after heating it, just use a crowbar to pop it on.

Seerlah
03-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I did use a crow bar. Not necessarily a crow bar, but a metal prop with the same end as a crow bar (don't know what to call it). When all said and done, I had to trim some of the inner groove, microwave it for maybe 1 1/2 min, apply lubricating oil, and use a pry bar end to get it in [up].

Last problem before placing it back together. 2 bolts match up perfect and the hole for the upper right side of the bracket has a piece of the bracket blocking a flush mount (I wonder if anyone ever made a comment to 034 about this). I am taking a break for now and will try to get that last bolt on in a couple minutes.

Edit: The bracket bolt holes match up. You just have to do it in a certain order. Top right, bottom right, then bottom left (or maybe it was bottom left then right. either way, I had to bolt up the top right first).

Militant-Grunt
03-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Last time I used a torch, cooked the inside part, went right on.

thopp00
03-18-2009, 07:59 PM
i used a vise