PDA

View Full Version : Seat Question

JoBuNY
03-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Anybody know how hard or how much fabrication it would take to get 2002 A4 seats into a 2001 A4?

I found a nice seat that are power and heated but I'm not sure how hard it would be to get them in my car.

I tried searching, but all I keep finding is S4 seats into an A4

Thanks

B5A4Kevin
03-17-2009, 02:19 PM
the b5s4 seats are easy as they require no fabrication for the seat mounting design, and only proper wiring if not equipped. b6 changed the seat mounting design which will make it difficult to retrofit, but with a tap and proper tools and hardware, you can probably get them in there. i would be worried about wiring up a harness for it, if coming from manual seats w/o cold weather package.

JoBuNY
03-17-2009, 07:40 PM
OK thanks for the reply. I think i'll just pass on these and look for S4 seats instead. I was worried they changed a lot of the design in 02 but I never been in one so I wasn't sure.

Thanks again

countershane
03-18-2009, 03:09 AM
It's a little harder than plug and play if you are going from manual adjust seats to motorized. i dropped b5 s4 seats into my 2001 a4 with cold weather package. i had to cut the mount for the manually adjusting seats off. there were two holes predrilled, but unthreaded under the carpeting in the right places to mount the new seats. i had to put rivet nuts in in order bolt down the seats. something threaded could also be welded in. the b5 s4's didn't have seat heaters, but the same electrical plug that powered everything in my old seats worked in the new ones. airbags were compatible too, obviously. there's just an unused plug for the heated seats down there now. the rails that they slide are the same though, no problem there. make sure you have everything you need before you take them out and permanently change something, it's hard to drive without a seat. plus the stupid airbag light.
hope that helps.

Borden
03-18-2009, 12:02 PM
as stated above its super easy, if you have power/heated seats its a dirrect swap, i will warn you though that the two bolts for the floor have red loctite on it, get a breaker bar before you destory a nice ratchet