PDA

View Full Version : snow performance w/m question

eurostylzmk4
03-16-2009, 12:50 PM
first off. yes i have searched and have not found my answer..

I have had everything physically installed for prob 6 months or more and have yet had the time to finish everything as in finding the correct signal wire for the maf to run the controller off of. I have a 2001 audi a4 1.8t.

If anyone could give me 5 minutes to guide me into the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Ian

A4Rob
03-16-2009, 12:51 PM
You can run the setup off of boost/vac pressure. Just keep an eye on your A/F ratio

eurostylzmk4
03-16-2009, 12:58 PM
yeah, I have it set to voltage as that is what is advised according to snow with a k03. Just have yet to find the correct signal wire for the maf. No i do not have a multimeter at my house as that would be the easy solution.

Seerlah
03-16-2009, 01:04 PM
I would PM GetBoosted84 http://www.audizine.com/forum/member.php?u=17178 . He has one installed and I believe he has his connected to the MAP sensor. Either way, he should be able to help you out.

UCFQuattroguy
03-16-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm running mine from the MAF sensor. It makes more sense to spray based on load, rather than boost pressure at least in my mind. On a K03 that means you're going to go full spray at just under 3,000rpm...then roughly 1/2 spray in the upper end where you really need the spray to ward off high intake temps.

jturnbull
03-16-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm running mine from the MAF sensor. It makes more sense to spray based on load, rather than boost pressure at least in my mind. On a K03 that means you're going to go full spray at just under 3,000rpm...then roughly 1/2 spray in the upper end where you really need the spray to ward off high intake temps.

do you get any noticeable gains?

UCFQuattroguy
03-17-2009, 04:15 AM
oh yea. I'm able to run APR's 100oct tune on 93 octane. It's worth an extra 20-25lb/ft or so and 10/15hp from what APR has said to me in the past...and I believe it.

eurostylzmk4
03-17-2009, 10:41 AM
well i did get everything running now and nicely wired up in the bay.. ran great last night no probs after adjusting the controller a few times.. alas this morning starting the car was a little rough at idle then went away after a few revs. this afternoon same thing but then a cel.. im asuming a misfire of sorts and possible plug issue since im do for new ones and oil change as is.

GetBoosted84
03-17-2009, 05:13 PM
first off. yes i have searched and have not found my answer..

I have had everything physically installed for prob 6 months or more and have yet had the time to finish everything as in finding the correct signal wire for the maf to run the controller off of. I have a 2001 audi a4 1.8t.

If anyone could give me 5 minutes to guide me into the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Ian
I tapped into position 5 on the MAF harness. I verified with a multimeter then tapped into it since others had said to use a different wire but this was the right one. Ran like that for quite a long time and it worked great.

I would PM GetBoosted84 http://www.audizine.com/forum/member.php?u=17178 . He has one installed and I believe he has his connected to the MAP sensor. Either way, he should be able to help you out.
Yeah I'm going to be wiring mine up to an external MAP sensor since I am MAFless now. Used the MAF as my signal source for quite a while though. The MAF controller is based off a 0-5 volt signal and the MAP sensor is the same way so I am going to run with that since I don't feel like spending money just to buy a replacement controller.

well i did get everything running now and nicely wired up in the bay.. ran great last night no probs after adjusting the controller a few times.. alas this morning starting the car was a little rough at idle then went away after a few revs. this afternoon same thing but then a cel.. im asuming a misfire of sorts and possible plug issue since im do for new ones and oil change as is.
The misfire is more than likely because you are going into full spray to quick. I had the same issue and I dialed it back and it worked like a charm.

eurostylzmk4
03-17-2009, 05:26 PM
i have it dialed back pretty conservatively. im only getting the misfire upon start up.. as soon as i come out of cold start everything seems to straighten out. Im going to look at my plugs though cause its been awhile since ive changed them [:/]

eurostylzmk4
03-17-2009, 05:28 PM
In response to which pin on the MAF i dont recall at the moment without going to look at it but it ended up being the solid green wire.

UCFQuattroguy
03-17-2009, 06:07 PM
i have it dialed back pretty conservatively. im only getting the misfire upon start up.. as soon as i come out of cold start everything seems to straighten out. Im going to look at my plugs though cause its been awhile since ive changed them [:/]

What's your hardware setup? K03? I have my spray start at around 2.8V, then full spray at around 4 (slightly less IIRC, I'll have to look at the box to verify). Works like a champ around town...probably a bit early for any highway driving though. You'll develop a stutter if you're spraying too much too early.

eurostylzmk4
03-17-2009, 06:40 PM
What's your hardware setup? K03? I have my spray start at around 2.8V, then full spray at around 4 (slightly less IIRC, I'll have to look at the box to verify). Works like a champ around town...probably a bit early for any highway driving though. You'll develop a stutter if you're spraying too much too early.

Yeah on a k03