PDA

View Full Version : car won't start and no codes

jonessw20
03-15-2009, 01:05 PM
I have a 99 a4 and it suddenly won't start. I checked for codes and there was one but that was for the O2 sensor from awhile back and When i cleared it the code didn't come back. So I was just wondering if it could still be the cps or tps sensors even if there isn't a code being thrown?
Also if you have an suggestions that would be great.

njm23
03-15-2009, 01:16 PM
well your a bit to broad here.. Does it crank? What does it do when you try and start it, make any noises?.... Gotta be a bit more specific...

black99.5a4
03-15-2009, 01:18 PM
ok a buddy ran into this and this is the help i got from a good audi friend overseas

crank it over and if she cranks just fine, pull your plug and if it smells like gas ,you got gas.. check to see if the plug has spark.. if you have spark, i can almost bet its your CPS (cam position sensor).

if you get no spark and no fuel, its your crank position sensor (RPM sensor for the AEB).

this is if the car ran just fine the day before and then it all the sudden wont start.

jonessw20
03-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Yes it cranks over and every once in a while it sounds like it wants to fire up but barely. Ill check into what you said. thanks for the help.

jonessw20
03-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the info and suggestions.
I just got the cam position sensor today. It took about 10 min. to install and my car runs perfect now.

black99.5a4
03-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I just wanted to say thanks for the info and suggestions.
I just got the cam position sensor today. It took about 10 min. to install and my car runs perfect now.

glad you got it fixed...

you can paypal me half an hrs worth of service labor... just kidding.

jonessw20
03-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Sorry I spent all my money on the sensor.lol