PDA

View Full Version : Just crashed Audi....

AudiMV
11-10-2004, 03:48 PM
I just crashed my A4 after having it for about a month. I have a question since its not totaled can I replace the OEM front bumper with and Reiger RS4 instead of my insurance buying the OEM part again? Wont it be around the same price and labor. BTW the accident wasnt my fault, some old lady ran a stop sign on a fast street....[:D]

EVIL-AUDI
11-10-2004, 03:51 PM
The insurance company will pay wha the OEM part is worth If you can get them t cut a check for the damage and buy the bumper yourself, that's your problem. But most companies won't handle it that way.

yellowaudi24psi
11-10-2004, 04:01 PM
get a check from the insurance company if you say you will do the work yourself they should cut the check to you. or if you have a body shop thats cool you can have them to do the dirty work for you

AWDios
11-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Yeah, just have the body shop order the aftermarket bumper instead of the stock. Or you could even get them to order an authentic Audi bumper since it'd be an Audi Oem part.

derek2079
11-10-2004, 04:37 PM
yeah get an oem rs4 bumper mang

MR VTEC
11-10-2004, 04:43 PM
Insurance usually cut you the check and you do what you like, and some times they cut the check in your name and the body shop name it all depends. I would get a s4 bumper and use what ever is left over for speed

kombi
11-10-2004, 05:09 PM
The insurance co. will pay the price for a stock bumper. The body shop should let you pay for anything additional, aftermarket.

jones3000
11-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by AudiMV
I just crashed my A4 after having it for about a month. I have a question since its not totaled can I replace the OEM front bumper with and Reiger RS4 instead of my insurance buying the OEM part again? Wont it be around the same price and labor. BTW the accident wasnt my fault, some old lady ran a stop sign on a fast street....[:D]

glad you're alright (I assume) but I hear this story all too often. Young kid buys car, crashes it a month later cause some "old lady ran a stop sign". [rolleyes] I'm not calling you a liar, but like I said, I hear this alot. I've sold about 15 cars to kids that had the same story. And thay always ask me what you're posting up here: "Will the insurance company replace my OEM _____with_____ if it costs around the same thing?"

skene
11-10-2004, 06:22 PM
jones... like in the car business......

deny deny deny.

Rieger_RS4
11-10-2004, 09:24 PM
if it's front end then get a diff bumper, e-codes, and maybe even a CF hood?

AudiMV
11-11-2004, 09:54 AM
i kinda wanted to get e-codes out of this too.....[rolleyes] three weeks in the shop for nothing but my "replacement" parts!

jones3000
11-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by skene
jones... like in the car business......

deny deny deny.

how true.[;)]

rendyx
11-11-2004, 02:36 PM
When my RS2 bumper on my old CQ got ruined, the insurance company paid for a new one ($$$). I had the collision shop do the dirty work for me, and they really did a lot of it. One thing: work with the shop. In my case, the owner called me and told me 'I'm so thankful you are helping my son so much to find parts for your car, they are difficult to find. I'll make sure your car is done especially well; I am even having the hood repainted for you because it had a couple dings.' [:)]

AudiMV
11-11-2004, 06:29 PM
just talked to the adjuster from my insurance and they said they could replace me current headlights with e-codes all i have to do is pay the difference! still workin on the bumper though.....haha

Rieger_RS4
11-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by AudiMV
just talked to the adjuster from my insurance and they said they could replace me current headlights with e-codes all i have to do is pay the difference! still workin on the bumper though.....haha

the e-codes are cheaper then what insurance chages for OEM.

When my car got hit the insurance wrotean estimate for $1400 for a pair of OEM Xenon housings....the E-Codes were only $500/pair from ECS...........the non xenon 1 piece are $300/each.and the non xenon e-codes are $330/pair

AudiMV
11-12-2004, 03:58 PM
for one headlight lamp they estimated 634 so looks like im getting a pair of valeo e-codes!! and keeping 200 dollars!! does anybody know where i can get HID e-codes for around 630 ish with ballast and bulbs?

MR VTEC
11-13-2004, 09:33 AM
I can get some hids for exactly $630! Ballast and bulbs 4300k. SHipped to your door... [:D]