PDA

View Full Version : Need help quickly please:(

Tm775
03-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Ok here is my problem, I have a 2001 audi allroad with about 104,000 miles on it. When i accelerate and go through the first 2 gears everything is fine, but once i get into 3rd 4th and 5th gear, whenever the cars RPM's are lower then 2000 and i try to accelerate the car's RPM's rev up about 500 rpm's every time until it reaches above 2000. I have been able to eliminate this problem by always driving the car in tiptronic mode and only shifting to the next gear when i know the RPM's will not drop below 2000 when i shift to the next gear. This has been a very bad fix because it is very bad for gas mileage, I dont have a vag-com right now and i really dont want to drive all the way to my mechanic at the moment, I would just like some suggestions on what this might be, so i know what to ask about when i do go. Thanks alot

chaos2984
03-19-2009, 07:16 PM
sounds like something is going on with the torque converter clutch. so what exactly happens does it seem to slip or not go anywhere. could just be the torque converter is locked up and when u gas it it unlocks