PDA

View Full Version : Not been a good day...

Audi_Sniper
11-08-2004, 03:04 PM
As some of you know I have been bitching up a storm about my control arms. Well today I got my upper control arms from ECS and drove down to my friends dealership, to have them put in. Well one of the mechanics is looking at the arms and said he thinks my friend was wrong in saying it was the control arms. He said they looked fine to him. So he took the car for a ride, and came back and said it did sound like the control arms though. Well I go on to tell him the noise did not start until I put in the coilovers that I got of a guy on AW. So he pulled out the front coil and we looked it over. It looked fine, but he went on to say when these blow they dont leak oil like a stock shock. So we moved the left coil (the one making the noise) to the right and so on. Got it all put in and I took it for a drive. As luck would have it the noise moved to the right wheel. Looks like I have a blown shock..
So now i don't know what to do. I just spent $200 for the control arms and don't need them. And also have a set of CO's that are not worth a dime, with one blown shock.......[mad] Now I'm out $650
I will never buy used shit again.....

MR VTEC
11-08-2004, 03:15 PM
[:(]
should of had the mechanic check it out b4 installing it... sorry for rubbing salt in your wounds. Don't those things have warranty's or something contact the seller.

oh check your p.m.

Outkasted
11-08-2004, 03:16 PM
Well it looks like i might need control arms my self so if I do i can help you by buying yours if they will work for a 96 a4 2.8. I should know in about a week if i need them or not.

Sorry about your luck. Man i would be ticked also with a blown shock, but on the bright side at least it is only one and should cost less that purchasing a whole brand new set.

Outkasted
11-08-2004, 03:17 PM
OOps think i read your post wrong. You already installed them. Sorry.

Audi_Sniper
11-08-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by MR VTEC
[:(]
should of had the mechanic check it out b4 installing it... sorry for rubbing salt in your wounds. Don't those things have warranty's or something contact the seller.

oh check your p.m.

To be honest we did give them a good look before we put them in and before I bought them off the kid. When we compressed the shock all the way it did not just pull out, thus making it seem fine......[confused]

Originally posted by Outkasted
OOps think i read your post wrong. You already installed them. Sorry.

No the control arms did not get installed. They are still sitting next to me in the box.[mad] seeing that I do not need them now. And yes they will work for your a4

Outkasted
11-08-2004, 03:29 PM
Oh in that case. As soon as i find out what is wrong with my car and if i need them consider them bought. Hope that help a little.

alen
11-08-2004, 05:06 PM
so you just bought the top arms? is it just these that need replacing (due to the poor manufacture) or would it be a good idea to replace all of them? are also heavy duty from ecs?

Zodiak
11-08-2004, 05:23 PM
the shock probably would have blown even if you bought it new and put the same amount of miles as you and the prev owner have. Sometimes aftermarket shocks blow, not the most uncommon thing. THe only problem with buying them used is that the warranties are usually not transferable when they are sold. If you are still in contact with the seller, you may be able to have him send the shock back in his name with his reciept (if he still has it). Not sure if that's legal or not though.

Audi_Sniper
11-08-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Zodiak
the shock probably would have blown even if you bought it new and put the same amount of miles as you and the prev owner have. Sometimes aftermarket shocks blow, not the most uncommon thing. THe only problem with buying them used is that the warranties are usually not transferable when they are sold. If you are still in contact with the seller, you may be able to have him send the shock back in his name with his reciept (if he still has it). Not sure if that's legal or not though.

Yeah we have been in contact through e mail. He seems to be working with me on this. *As I have my fingers crossed*
I also have got in touch with Eric from SPP and he is helping me out the best he can with this. He said he will try and find me one coil I could purchase or get it rebuilt for me. I have to say he is a very stand up guy for wanting to help me out. I told him I bought the CO's used and what has happen, and still he is giving me
help even though I did not purchase them new from him. Now to me that is going above and beyond for me. Just by how he has responded to my situation I will support his business from now on and will end up buying my FMIC from SPP....

HotSauce
11-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Amazing what a little bit of effort does. I love when people go out of their way to help me, because then I am compelled to help them.

Hopefully all works out for ya!

Numbersix
11-08-2004, 06:49 PM
I'd look into getting the damper rebuilt.

You can have both Bilstein and Koni units rebuilt, which is why I'll always use one or the other on my cars.

WhippeD
11-09-2004, 12:06 AM
what kind of coilovers/shocks is it?

Audimarc
11-09-2004, 07:04 AM
We could go over to the kid's house and kick his ass.....:)

EuroA4
11-09-2004, 07:37 AM
I'll trade you the control arms for a set of stock sport springs and struts from a 2001 A4! Otherwise...post a thread in the Classifieds.

Audi_Sniper
11-09-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by WhippeD
what kind of coilovers/shocks is it?

SPP Koni Yellow coilovers...

Originally posted by EuroA4
I'll trade you the control arms for a set of stock sport springs and struts from a 2001 A4! Otherwise...post a thread in the Classifieds.
Thanks, but now I already have three complete suspension set ups as of now. I don't need another...........[:o]

littlewhite
11-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by whtbutterofrage
Yeah we have been in contact through e mail. He seems to be working with me on this. *As I have my fingers crossed*
I also have got in touch with Eric from SPP and he is helping me out the best he can with this. He said he will try and find me one coil I could purchase or get it rebuilt for me. I have to say he is a very stand up guy for wanting to help me out. I told him I bought the CO's used and what has happen, and still he is giving me
help even though I did not purchase them new from him. Now to me that is going above and beyond for me. Just by how he has responded to my situation I will support his business from now on and will end up buying my FMIC from SPP....

=) Eric is the man, i just spoke to him on phone yesterday also. And yea, i got setup like yours from them. lol but somehow UPS dropped them off couple blocks away and i end up having to go out for CO hunting