PDA

View Full Version : People need to use the PM feature more

Zodiak
11-08-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm tired of good threads being ruined due to private disputes between members. Also, would it be possible to upgrade the software to 2d (sort of like that OTHER forum, I know there are UBB versions which allow it) so that posts would remain ontopic even if one branch went off topic?

end rant.

jason1st
11-08-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Zodiak
I'm tired of good threads being ruined due to private disputes between members. Also, would it be possible to upgrade the software to 2d (sort of the that OTHER forum, I know there are UBB versions which allow it) so that posts would remain ontopic even if one branch went off topic?

end rant.

Could you please use PM for topics like this?

Dirty_Ca$h
11-08-2004, 01:42 PM
Could you two take this to PM because this is really off-topic.

jason1st
11-08-2004, 01:42 PM
HA!

Zodiak
11-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by jason1st
Could you please use PM for topics like this?
a mass PM to all forum members...interesting idea

piaadoll
11-08-2004, 02:24 PM
i agree, there must be something in the air that is making people a bit hmmmm not so pleasant.... why can't we all get along?

anyways, moving this to the feedback forum...which is better spot for this thread anyways.

MR VTEC
11-08-2004, 02:24 PM
does some one want to be a moderator? [:p]

Admin
11-08-2004, 03:51 PM
So this is a request to both Members, and to the Admins huh? Well there's not much we can do about getting people to use PM more but we will be upgrading the forum software in the coming months, once the rest of AZ is back online. We haven't been too anxious to upgrade the software, because if it ain't broke...

Zodiak
11-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Admin
So this is a request to both Members, and to the Admins huh? Well there's not much we can do about getting people to use PM more but we will be upgrading the forum software in the coming months, once the rest of AZ is back online. We haven't been too anxious to upgrade the software, because if it ain't broke...
what about what I proposed in this (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26785) post? For me atleast, a lot of the time when I try to PM people, their box is full, so I end up just posting the message inappropriately in someone else's thread.

also, the mods could PM members who get into private disputes in public threads. It would be better than publically calling out both members.

piaadoll
11-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Zodiak

also, the mods could PM members who get into private disputes in public threads. It would be better than publically calling out both members.

oh no doubt! actually PM would be our second attempt...first would be a little slap on the wrist on a thread...but if it gets out of hand...a PM will be sent....and then it escalates from there..

no good if the admins have to get involved....