PDA

View Full Version : What seats will fit???

Baudi18t
02-28-2009, 11:05 PM
question is?? which other vw/audi model seats will fit. this being from experience. i know we all get cracking in these pleatherette seats. so when replacing or repairing if your good, what do you get? i've been looking and can't find a thing. my ds frt seat is done. want these gone soon.

jaustin
03-01-2009, 09:19 AM
any seats will fit just some need modifications

M_souren
03-01-2009, 11:56 AM
s4 leathers are a worthy upgrade and fit the same as a4 ones.

speedydragon
03-01-2009, 03:32 PM
s4 leathers are a worthy upgrade and fit the same as a4 ones.

S4 seats will only fit if your A4 came with powered seats stock, or eles it's a bitch to make them fit.

quattro16
03-01-2009, 04:18 PM
I have a good set of black b5 s4 seats for sale. Pm me. I'm on Long Island.

black99.5a4
03-01-2009, 04:53 PM
s4 seats dont fit unless you have FULL power a4 seats.. power lumbar still mounts like a non-lumbar seat.

for a non full power seat, you need to cut the bracket off the floor that the a4 rail slide into, then borrow, rent or buy a nutsert tool. at that point you will need 4 nutserts that accept a 1/4x20 bolt. crimp them into the holes that are already in your floor under the 2 piece of precut carpet. slide s4 seats in, bolt them down.

if you dont have power lumbar, then you will need the power plugs from the car you got the seats from or a donor.. get a diagram. power to the power at a key on source, ground to wherever you wanna ground it that is acceptable. I ran mine through the fuse box and a power strip under the dash that was 12v in on position.

If you dont have heat, and want to add it, then you need the plug from a donor car there as well.. again a diagram and a HVAC unit with heat.. follow diagram. I havent hooked mine up yet.

if you have heat already, plugs right in.

you will need vagcom to erase the airbag light from unplugging the seats.

quattro pro
03-02-2009, 10:09 AM
So if you have power lumbar in your A4 and are putting S4 power leathers in, you don't need to do any wiring modifications?

Thanks,
Dave

black99.5a4
03-02-2009, 04:00 PM
So if you have power lumbar in your A4 and are putting S4 power leathers in, you don't need to do any wiring modifications?

Thanks,
Dave

no. because the power is just a power and ground. its used for all function.

biketsai
03-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I have a 2001 A4 with heated seats, manual adjustment, and power lumbar. I cut away the center rail, welded in the T-Nuts, and they plugged right up. All power works, no airbag light or anything

quattro pro
03-03-2009, 10:43 AM
I have the sport seats in my A4; are these the same as the S4 seats?

Will S4 seats therefore fit in my A4 without structural mods I wonder?

AudiRacerS4
03-03-2009, 11:08 AM
I have the sport seats in my A4; are these the same as the S4 seats?

Will S4 seats therefore fit in my A4 without structural mods I wonder?

no they are different and you will need to modify them to fit in your car [wrench]

richsnipe
04-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Quick question:

Comfort question. I have Sport seats, with typical rip in center of seat, and was wonder if the S4 seats are worth the upgrade, or do i get my Seat recovered....

Thoughts on S4 seats vs A4 Sport seats....?

Thx.