PDA

View Full Version : Boost/RPMs acting up

Richard
02-28-2009, 04:45 PM
So..lets start with the basics of my car -
2001 Audi A4 Sport, 1.8T, Manual, 92k miles
Performance Mods - stage 2 clutch/LW flywheel (AWE package - install a year ago), APR 91 Oct chip, and APR Diverter Valve (vent boost gauge also, but despite what many rices think, I know this isnt performance)

I am driving home today, going about 65 in 5ht gear when I go to pass someone. I downshift to 4th and accelerate (not hard - maybe 1/3rd the way down on the pedal) and all of a sudden my boost shoots up to 22 and holds, while my RPMs start to skyrocket. *crap* - I let off the gas, shift back into 5th. Car is back to normal. Okay. So I pass this off as a freak experience. About 20 minutes later, I am pulling into town, going 45 in 4th gear, and while just cruising along, the same thing happens. This time though I was not accelerating, just holding speed.

Now, normally I peak at 20 and hold at 17 on my tune. I have seen an increase in both my peak and hold to about 21 and 19 as of the past month. One tech said the car was fine, but I know different. What do you all think it could be? I have searched and could not find an answer to this problem.

Oh - and no CELs, and I have not VAGed the system, but can Monday. Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

@udikid
02-28-2009, 09:06 PM
i would b gald my car went faster lol GL finding help im just a nobb trying to read as much as possible

njm23
02-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Check for a vacuum/boost leak on your lines going to your wastegate/n75 valve

Richard
02-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Check for a vacuum/boost leak on your lines going to your wastegate/n75 valve

I was thinking that....tested the clutch tonight and it worked perfect, so i know thats not it.

mike-2ptzero
03-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Warmer temps will effect how much boost is shown on your boost gauge. As temps get warmer the boost readings will get slightly higher.

Richard
03-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Warmer temps will effect how much boost is shown on your boost gauge. As temps get warmer the boost readings will get slightly higher.

It has a been consistent 30* to 50* recently.