PDA

View Full Version : driver display/cluster

njm23
02-28-2009, 01:15 AM
Can you remove that lcd without the car/ecu freaking out? Mine is useless and I have an idea. But I dont have a spare cluster nor can i find one.. Just wondering if it is possible to remove the lcd screen but still have the rest of the cluster work.

burner799
02-28-2009, 01:19 AM
why wouldn't you just turn your screen off...........................

boostedup
02-28-2009, 01:31 AM
why wouldn't you just turn your screen off...........................

he said he had an idea....

so i'm guessing his idea involves him needing to remove the display, maybe to put something else in its place [;)]

buck
02-28-2009, 10:02 AM
You can pull the entire cluster and your car will still run.

njm23
02-28-2009, 11:25 AM
he said he had an idea....

so i'm guessing his idea involves him needing to remove the display, maybe to put something else in its place [;)]

You are correct. Yeah I dont want to pull the entire cluster though. I want to keep the cluster because I still use my speedo/tach/fuel/coolant temp... I just want to remove the driver info display since it is useless to me and am thinking something to go there. But when I looked at it it appeared to be tied into the whole breadboard, and taking it out seams like it would create mass problems haha.

njm23
02-28-2009, 09:36 PM
anyone? I know some people have messed with the display before. I just want to get rid of that so I have room to mount some things flush so nothing is poking out and there isnt a bright ass light from behind too ha.

njm23
03-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Okay well for any one who cares, you can pull the lcd display completely out and still keep the rest of the cluster working 100%

ForceFed
03-10-2009, 11:31 PM
what did you put in there?
i thought about putting my boost gauge in there. but when i took my cluster out i seen the back of it and how there isnt really a place to drill a hole in the curcit board to set my gauge in. so i just put it back together.

njm23
03-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I am running oil temp/oil pressure there. I am running a boost gauge where my stock oil temp gauge was, which didnt work anymore. All digital of course. It is not done, right now it looks rather crappy, if your interested ill show you a pic. I wanna put a lot more time into it and fiberglass a surround for them to make it look smooth around the oil gauges. The oil gauges are not hooked up, just there till I have time to run them. boost works great though.

ForceFed
03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
yea man that would be sweet. put up a pic of it!