PDA

View Full Version : little teaser of things to come

njm23
02-25-2009, 04:37 PM
Well, my turbo now started to take a crap on me, therefor this is now being pushed to top priority on my list so my car is running 100%. Picture explains it, also possibly one of the first that I know to have a 2000 MAF-less tune. We shall see as the tuning starts in a couple weeks and I talk more with him.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=671&pictureid=3834

JumboBlack1.8
02-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Did you end up keeping the HTA 3076? or is that a regular one?

bassed
02-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Good luck with that Synapse WG. I got rid of mine and put my old Tial back in, multiple people I know outside the Audi community did the same. They may know what the complications were now that they have had a B5 A4 to test on, but running over 18psi proved to be an issue with it. Tial and a BIG Yellow I have full control from spring only to 30+psi.

EuRoSp1c
02-25-2009, 09:37 PM
nice waiting to see how that goes... who are u getting tuned by?

Euro-Tuner
02-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Good luck with that Synapse WG. I got rid of mine and put my old Tial back in, multiple people I know outside the Audi community did the same. They may know what the complications were now that they have had a B5 A4 to test on, but running over 18psi proved to be an issue with it. Tial and a BIG Yellow I have full control from spring only to 30+psi.

huh? isn't the large yellow spring alone only rated for 10psi?

edit...I think I just read it wrong...what are you using to control the WG after 10psi?

Poopie
02-25-2009, 10:00 PM
hes got the fancy apexi avc-r or some shit like that with a ton of letters.

I second that. Tials have proven to be very reliable. Synapse makes boost control overly complicated. getting to the WG on the SPA manifold is a bitch so switch no or regret it later.

20vpower
02-25-2009, 10:30 PM
avcr is very fancy, so fancy i only wanted to hook up the vac lines and power lol

bassed
02-26-2009, 05:07 AM
hes got the fancy apexi avc-r or some shit like that with a ton of letters.

I second that. Tials have proven to be very reliable. Synapse makes boost control overly complicated. getting to the WG on the SPA manifold is a bitch so switch no or regret it later.

The catch is the Synapse is the easier one to fit to the SPA (slighlty smaller and the bolt locations on the WG are tapered unlike the Tial), but the TIAl works out just swell, it's just not as easy to tighten up to the Mani as the Synapse.

AudiA4_20T
02-26-2009, 05:14 AM
Don Supreme has been running a MAFless file on his 2000 for a few years now, and I believe Mike Hood did for awhile as well

bassed
02-26-2009, 05:23 AM
Don Supreme has been running a MAFless file on his 2000 for a few years now, and I believe Mike Hood did for awhile as well

Correct on both accounts.

njm23
02-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Its a normal 3076, I bought an HTA through a vendor, needless to say it took WAY to long (waited a couple months) so I cancelled it and got a refund for a normal gt turbo.

yeah well, stock computer, i know mike hood runs standalone setup, cant say anything for don supreme. Regardless, point was most people say you can only for a 2001 on our stock ecu's, that is all. Not to say I am the first, just saying I dont/didn't know of any.

As far as synapse goes, we shall see I guess. Unless someone wants to buy it or trade me a tial I will be using it. I've never heard bad things until now.

bassed
02-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Its a normal 3076, I bought an HTA through a vendor, needless to say it took WAY to long (waited a couple months) so I cancelled it and got a refund for a normal gt turbo.

yeah well, stock computer, i know mike hood runs standalone setup, cant say anything for don supreme. Regardless, point was most people say you can only for a 2001 on our stock ecu's, that is all. Not to say I am the first, just saying I dont/didn't know of any.

As far as synapse goes, we shall see I guess. Unless someone wants to buy it or trade me a tial I will be using it. I've never heard bad things until now.

I mentioned it a while back, I was the first to use one on an Audi and mention it on the forums well over a year ago. Until I posted pictures no one had a clue what it was on these Audi forums, same goes for the SPA which is now the prefered Mani as it should be for CAST T3 pieces. Good luck either way. My car was a guinny pig for a plethora of parts all of which are still there except the WG. I put over 20k on a 2.0L BAT in one year, my setup put the most miles down to date in one year for a BAT that I know of and did so problem free (food for thought and I'm not tooting my own horn or am I but for good reason).

njm23
02-26-2009, 01:46 PM
I know, you already told me about the problems you have had with the synapse wastegate. Like i said we shall see, if it becomes a problem for myself then i will switch it out with a TIAL, simple enough and wont kill me. May be a bitch but whatever, seams like your taking it personal that I am using it even though you said it would give me problems. I have put it up for sale but nothing, therefor I am going to run it and see what happens.

solowb5
02-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Pretty sure hood is an 01 and tial makes the low profiled valves now. Lower profile then the synapse or any other gate I have seen.