PDA

View Full Version : Polished intake mani

njm23
02-25-2009, 04:15 PM
Who here has done it? Do i need anything special? What did you use to do it?

I wanna polish the top and possibly the runners, did a search but it was a lot of random crap. Will be off the car btw

Avant1.8BT
02-25-2009, 06:25 PM
i did it.

i only polished the top, the runners and everything eles i painted textured black. i used a air grinder to remove all the casting moldings also. i started with 60-80grit on top and went to 2500 or so wet sanding. make sure when you sand the top i would go both way.... like so 100 grit the long way, then 150 left to right then 200 the other way. i did this to make sure i got all the scrathes out before i moved from grit to grit.

good luck.

Dr.Coxx
02-25-2009, 09:36 PM
i did it.

i only polished the top, the runners and everything eles i painted textured black. i used a air grinder to remove all the casting moldings also. i started with 60-80grit on top and went to 2500 or so wet sanding. make sure when you sand the top i would go both way.... like so 100 grit the long way, then 150 left to right then 200 the other way. i did this to make sure i got all the scrathes out before i moved from grit to grit.

good luck.

Hmm... Got pics.
Im deff intrested in doing this. Mine looks so crapy.

Tifun
02-25-2009, 09:44 PM
I did mine the same way, then used a highspeed buffer to get it 100% mirror. took about 4 hours to complete just the top by hand. If I did it again, with the tools I have now, prolly could do it in an hour.