PDA

View Full Version : which clutch combo would *you* buy?

blmlozz
02-25-2009, 01:16 PM
had a Southbend stage V break on me and I thought after talking with them I was getting a new stage IV back and my LWFW(20lb) resurfaced so I could sell them quick for $700 or so. Instead I get a Stage I and no FW. Obvisully I'll be calling them back for the FW.. but since they insisted I could sell the stage I faster than the Stage V I wanted peoples opinion, I'm pretty sure I know what it's going to look like but I just want to be sure Thanks. [up]

so for $700 would you rather buy
stage I with 20lb LWFW <10K use
*stage IV or Stage V same FW

The LWFW is $399 new
the stage I is $395 new
the stage V is $650 new.. and I had it cyro treated for $40.

*the catch 22 is that since only the disc was destroyed they might want to give me the orginal Pressure Plate back, so this might be new disc, used (<10K) pressure plate deal.

andyrew
02-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Most people buy stage 4 clutches...

After getting used to it they feel like a stock clutch.

zrowcool
02-25-2009, 02:39 PM
if it were me buying, i would do the stage 4 or stage 5 if it were full-faced.
it wouldnt make sense for me to buy a stage 1 and then have to upgrade it later.

the way i see it, stage 1 is what you would buy to replace a worn stock clutch and you have no intention on upgrading past a chip and/or exhaust. most on here would buy the stage4 or higher im sure.

mike-2ptzero
02-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Stage 4 or even a Stage 3 would be the easiest to sell since they are the most common SB clutch bought by A4 owners that mod their cars.

as4driver
02-25-2009, 07:16 PM
if u had a new stage 3 or 4 that would fit the oem flywheel i would buy it today...

Tifun
02-25-2009, 09:31 PM
if u had a new stage 3 or 4 that would fit the oem flywheel i would buy it today...

You do that and you will be like me with tons of clutch chatter and a springed pressure plate that is weak and can't take the power, and has premature wear. Junk style. Single mass is the only way to go for reliability.