PDA

View Full Version : turbo xs hpbc only 18psi

EuRoSp1c
02-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Well I used to have the n75 race valve on my 2000 atw 1.8tq flashed with tapp stage 1.... but that valve was crazy part throttle was horrible but it used to hit 21 psi.... now I'm running the turbo xs hpbc with coarse and fine boost adjustments.... but no matter what I do... I can't raise it to 21 psi... which chris tapp said is good for the tune.... and input on why it might not be passing 18psi???

slopoke
02-24-2009, 08:16 AM
small boost leak? Did you do a leak test?

EuRoSp1c
02-24-2009, 08:21 AM
I had done a leak test but I should redo it.. because now that I realize when I hit full boost I hear a wining sound like a small amount of air escaping.. but idk if that would effect raising the boost

AudiRacerS4
02-24-2009, 08:30 AM
I had done a leak test but I should redo it.. because now that I realize when I hit full boost I hear a wining sound like a small amount of air escaping.. but idk if that would effect raising the boost

if you have a boost leak you wont be able to raise the boost, deff redo the leak test

GetBoosted84
02-24-2009, 11:02 AM
I ran a dual stage hp mbc from turboxs for a long time and I never had any issues dialing in my boost. I ran mine at 22 psi for the entire time I had it on the car and it worked great (switched to a modshack boost machine since I don't need the dual stage switch anymore).

[shameless plug]
It's in the classifieds for sale also... see my sig \|/
[/shameless plug]