PDA

View Full Version : PS fluid on the floor :O

biketsai
02-23-2009, 06:57 PM
The other day I was just randomly checking my fluids, and realized that my PS fluid was low and filled it up to where it should be. A day later, I see some PS fluid on my garage floor, thought it might have been some overflow, so I wipe it off. Fast forward to today, I see some more on the floor and I see it on the front sway bar too. What could this be? And what should I look for?
[wrench]

Chris

GetBoosted84
02-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Mine was leaking from the line that runs off the bottom of the tank heading towards the crappy OEM cooler. Just hop under the car and check around there. I added hose clamp around the line where it was weeping from and it's been holding ever since.

biketsai
02-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Mine was leaking from the line that runs off the bottom of the tank heading towards the crappy OEM cooler. Just hop under the car and check around there. I added hose clamp around the line where it was weeping from and it's been holding ever since.

Yea, Ill def check that out tomorrow. It reminds me that I recently ziptied the cooler even tighter to my FMIC recently, maybe thats it.

$teady$upreme
02-24-2009, 09:16 AM
check your steering rack boot~

dwi_gti
02-24-2009, 11:17 AM
mine was having a problem so i just got rid of the cooler all together, works fine no drips

GetBoosted84
02-24-2009, 12:57 PM
mine was having a problem so i just got rid of the cooler all together, works fine no drips

Yeah mine is going the same path once spring is here and it's not so cold in the garage.

20vpower
02-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Mine was leaking at the cooler as well from the audi awsome clamps, so i replaced them with screw clamps
now mines leaking on my steering rack boot.... its not supposed to leak from there with the boot secure huh?

boostedup
02-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Noob question, Where is the power steering cooler located, I also have a VERY SLIGHT leak, and think this might be my problem also.

GetBoosted84
02-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Noob question, Where is the power steering cooler located, I also have a VERY SLIGHT leak, and think this might be my problem also.

It's right behind the front bumper. Looks like a long u-shaped metal hard line.