PDA

View Full Version : Door lock problem. Yes i STFA!!

as4driver
02-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Let me attempt to explain my problem.

I got home from work on friday night and the next morning my automatic door locks wont work. The button on the inside of the car does not work and the key fob will not work. When i use the key to open the drivers door it will not lock or unlock but the passengers side will lock and unlock using the key only.

This is what i have tried in an attempt to fix this problem:

Checked the fuse i think it is number 6? correct me if im wrong.

I also removed the Central locking pump, took it appart to see if the blades were broken. The blades are not broken and the pump looks fine.

I took the pump out of my S4 and tried it in the a4 and it still did not work.

I also scaned the car and no codes showed up???Why?

If anyone as any input i really could use the help.

Thanks
Evan

as4driver
02-22-2009, 08:05 PM
I really need some help bump

slingshot
02-22-2009, 08:27 PM
IIRC, the passenger side can be unlocked mechanically, unlike the driver's side which requires vacuum to open(?) Check the vacuum lines and all the connections and make sure there are no openings. I had a 99 golf and the damn vacuum lines failed weekly.

If the lines are all intact, check the wiring for the pump. Make sure it's getting power. If it's not getting power, it's either a wiring problem or a problem with the body control module.
Try swapping the body control module from your S4, if that's possible without recoding it (not sure about that)

Dallas09
02-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Driver is mechanical and also activates the pump, so its weird that it isnt opening, its possible someone disabled the mechanical part.. When you say no codes than you mean you CAN at least connect to it? What happens when you out test?

Blake260
02-23-2009, 05:34 AM
was it really very cold when this happened?

my car's drivers door wouldn't open from the outside the other day, like it was locked, but I would still "unlock" vai keyfob. when it warmed up it started to open again.

dmaize
08-13-2009, 10:03 PM
did you ever figure out the problem? i have the exact same one.

1999A4
10-28-2009, 09:29 AM
BUMP

dmaize
10-28-2009, 10:19 AM
i fixed mine, it was the propeller. i installed a new pump. i have two more if you want one. they are from 90 audis, but work great. just plug one vacuum hose and wire it up.
http://www.audizine.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=23012&cat=53