PDA

View Full Version : Everyone with Giac-X!!!!

A4-Achtung
02-20-2009, 10:54 AM
I just got my car chipped at a Giac dealer. The people Autoscope were cool but I don't think they new much about the Giac software. I suppose that the only tune for 2001.5 A4 QTM is the Giac-X file right? Also is there an octane choice or does X file only run 93? Thanks for the help!!

mike-2ptzero
02-20-2009, 12:03 PM
It is good for both 91 and 93, even can be used for up to 96 octane.

A4-Achtung
02-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Awesome thanks for the info, the reason I ask is because I went to a cousins wedding after getting it flashed and I could only fine 91 octane at this middle of nowhere gas station. I filled it up all the way and guess how many miles I got on the tank?!?! 435 miles!!! and my mpg was 35. I was very impressed!!! When I left the shop after getting it flashed my car started shuddering and the CEL went off. So I turned around and when back to the shop to see what was wrong. My coilpacks were all FUBAR so I had them run to the Audi dealership and get me some new one. So new coilpacks really made a difference with my new flash!!! I need to get a new dv. Im spiking high at 22 then dropping hard to 15 psi then really goes down.

A4-Achtung
02-20-2009, 12:10 PM
So I will defiantly go with Bailey DV and also swap the spark plugs.