PDA

View Full Version : Engine Internals Part No. and Head Work Suggestions

Aliel
02-18-2009, 04:42 PM
Hello guys. My car has been down for 9 months and I started working on it yesterday. I'm doing a full motor rebuild with scat rods so now I need to get some parts. Since my car is a US version me and my mechanic are having a rough part sourcing part numbers from the European ETKA since the VIN comes out as invalid.

What I have:
- SCAT rods
- All new gaskets
- New Head bolts

What I need (the part numbers):
- road bearings
- piston rings
- crank bearings

Also what else do you suggest changing while I'm in there. Everything will remain stock spec since I'm only doing the rods.

Thanks and glad to be working on the car again.

Mike@PureMS
02-18-2009, 04:48 PM
What motor do you have? What year did the motor come out of?

Wizard-of-OD
02-18-2009, 04:55 PM
What I need (the part numbers):
- road bearings
- piston rings
- crank bearings
AMU engine?Internal water pump?
not that it matters as it is the same.

djwimbo
02-18-2009, 05:04 PM
'99 will be an AEB unless they do it differently overseas.

I would suggest replacing the main bolts as well, both the head bolts and main bolts are stretched bolts.

Aliel
02-18-2009, 05:10 PM
sorry guys.

the motor is an AEB. The car US spec. I shipped it to Europe when I moved here about a year and a half ago that's why I'm having trouble with ETKA. water pump and all the belts have like 5000 miles on them so no need to change. Main bolts sound like a good idea.

pipe7284
02-18-2009, 05:42 PM
U have pretty much everything u need, except for what have been said above. Make sure u balance the rotating assembly before dropping everything back in. I didn't and I had to do everything again.

Poopie
02-18-2009, 05:45 PM
034, purems, ecs, mjm all have the parts you need. The bearings should all be standard sized and i never had an issue using off the shelf type parts. are you looking for oem parts?

Aliel
02-19-2009, 03:12 AM
yep oem parts. problem with the vendors you mentioned is I don't know if the ship to Europe and how long it takes.

Now I'm thinking about rebuilding the head also. What would you guys suggest for a mild rebuild. Lets say cams, springs or whatever you guys think. Also need to keep in mind that cams should work good with a gt3071r but should also be compatible with my k04 since its going to stay in for a while. Also budget oriented but I want to rev high.

Aliel
02-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Also if one of the vendors wants to chime in and throw me an offer for the parts I need and also for shipping to Albania.

chris164935
02-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Contact Bob Q from www.qedpower.com for everything you need for OEM parts and the head. He's a great guy to deal with, very helpful.