PDA

View Full Version : Need new clutch

Teet
02-10-2009, 09:56 AM
My current manual 5-speed gearbox is gonna replaced by dealer under warranty. Also they will replace clutch. I have done some modifications with my car: chipped 2. stage, cat-back exhaust and replaced intake, so I thinked that I will need stronger clutch (I think I will upgrade my turbo, injectors etc. this summer). So I talked with dealership today and we agreed that if I bring them my own clutch they will replace it without no extra cost. [:)]
So guys now I need clutch kit for my car, but I don´t know nothing about them [:/]
Please help! [=(]

I have 2007 A4 1.8T FWD and 5-speed manual gearboc, stock 120kW. Now I have 160kW.

bob12312357
02-12-2009, 02:28 PM
I would go with a Southbend Stg3. Very streetable and clutch engages smooth like stock, not like tryin to hit a friction point thin as a piece of paper on some race clutches. Grabs nice and hard 2, unlike the stock clutch.They are well proven and I will be putting a southbend STG4 in my car in the spring. Search Southbend on here and you'll get lots of comments.

Teet
02-13-2009, 01:20 AM
I would go with a Southbend Stg3. Very streetable and clutch engages smooth like stock, not like tryin to hit a friction point thin as a piece of paper on some race clutches. Grabs nice and hard 2, unlike the stock clutch.They are well proven and I will be putting a southbend STG4 in my car in the spring. Search Southbend on here and you'll get lots of comments.

Thanks. I just emailed them.

Teet
02-27-2009, 11:41 AM
I get my car today from dealership. They replaced the gearbox and one racing enthusiast make custom clutch for me. I have driven about 5 miles for now and I really like this set up. Clutch pedal reminds now like RS4 or Subaru - clutch works in bottom. Also after releasing the clutch it´s hooks much better.
Very nice work and it costs total 310$