PDA

View Full Version : v-band and 4 bolt exhaust housing question

njm23
02-07-2009, 05:32 PM
In regards to placement on the manifold involving the downpipe... How much different does the v-band sit then a standard 4-bolt exhaust housing on a 3071/3076 .63 A/R T3 flange

it is on an SPA mani, although that is kinda irrelevant I suppose...

Trying to figure out if they sit in the same spot or the v-band sits closer to the firewall ect.. Anyone have experience with this?

Euro-Tuner
02-07-2009, 06:31 PM
I think it would sit in the same place unless it's the v-band attachment to the 4-bolt flang, but I'm not speaking from experience, I havent dealt with the V-band housing, just the 4-bolt

A4Rob
02-07-2009, 09:08 PM
I run the 3071 on SPA with V-band exhaust housing.

I guess the v-band sits out about .5" from where the 4 bolt would be. I am just assuming because there needs to be the lip for the v-band.

njm23
02-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Rob, would you mind sending me a pic of the top of your downpipe form the turbo going down? if you have one layin around this is i Know your car is tore apart ha.

By 1/2", you mean farther back towards the firewall? I am sure it won't matter THAT much. just trying to be close since I am going to be judging it basically off of a 3071 4 bolt to v-band adapter which then goes into the downpipe.

Trying to figure out how much length that adapter adds compared to a true v-band setup.