PDA

View Full Version : Stage 3 Shudder?

juggernaut201
02-07-2009, 04:51 PM
ok so my stage 3 ofe southbend clutch went in not to long ago ... approximatly 140 miles ago ... im still in the process of breaking it in ... i have done no hard driveing no manuvering just nice and easy shifts ... ever since the 1st day the clutch seems to shudder when i put it and 1st and initially begin to drive .... is this normal .... will it smooth out? it has deffenitly gotten better and feels like it is continuing to do so but just some insight to ease my mind would b nice lol

juggernaut201
02-07-2009, 06:32 PM
damn no imput lol

nimski62
02-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Mine slightly chatters... but it use to be worse when I got it put in 3k miles ago. It will get better.

kneel
02-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Same with mine. It still does it. Put mine in around Oct-Nov. And it still shutter a little bit but not as bad as when it first went in. But other than that no problems. They say it will shutter/chatter in summer with the AC on.
My setup is stage3 with single mass LWFW.

mrbacardi35
02-13-2009, 05:57 PM
ok so my stage 3 ofe southbend clutch went in not to long ago ... approximatly 140 miles ago ... im still in the process of breaking it in ... i have done no hard driveing no manuvering just nice and easy shifts ... ever since the 1st day the clutch seems to shudder when i put it and 1st and initially begin to drive .... is this normal .... will it smooth out? it has deffenitly gotten better and feels like it is continuing to do so but just some insight to ease my mind would b nice lol

what flywheel are you running?

old guy
02-15-2009, 06:22 AM
I have a Southbend OFE-SS (stage 4) clutch assembly with about 15K miles on it. I installed it with a new dual mass flywheel. It shudders when starting out in first gear. It has done this from the start. I have learned to blip the gas and slip the clutch slightly as I start off to avoid the shudder as it engages.