PDA

View Full Version : Does changing the weather stripping stop the wind noise??

karmad
02-07-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey i want to know if i change the Door Weather Stripping on all four doors to S4 stripping will i lose the damn wind noise?

speedydragon
02-07-2009, 02:35 PM
If the weather strippign is new, then it might work a little, but our cars have minimal wind noise compared to a lot of the new american and jap cars :|.

D's Avant
02-07-2009, 02:57 PM
I was thinking the same thing, this past winter the wind noise has seemed a little louder. My weather stripping looks a little more compressed this year for some reason. I'm going to try and adjust the door's to sit a little tighter to the door frame's and see if that helps.

karmad
02-08-2009, 01:54 PM
I was thinking the same thing, this past winter the wind noise has seemed a little louder. My weather stripping looks a little more compressed this year for some reason. I'm going to try and adjust the door's to sit a little tighter to the door frame's and see if that helps.

How do u adjust the doors?

tdn
02-08-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm getting some horrible wind noise from what seems to be the windshield, I'm thinking it may have been replaced at some point, by a sub par company. It's not the sunroof, nor is it the side view mirrors. I doubt it's my doors, but I'll have to take a look.. the noise is coming from the windshield, but noises like this can be misleading, I'll rig something up to help determine if it's my doors.

MavSBM
02-09-2009, 12:13 PM
How do u adjust the doors?

x2 ?

offroader1006
02-09-2009, 12:37 PM
you take off the front fenders, loosen the hinge bolts and adjust, then tighten them back.

that's the easiest way.

this is for the front doors obviously, rears are easier

karmad
02-10-2009, 01:48 PM
thnx