PDA

View Full Version : XENON 55w H7's from Blauparts?

bigrobby
01-23-2009, 10:08 AM
i don't want to do an HID conversion kit for my car, but i saw this on Blauparts

http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=C2F2061

they appear to be "xenon" h7 bulbs that would should be a direct replacement to my Halogen H7 bulbs. anyone use these? Pictures?

thanks

JaVa
01-23-2009, 11:01 AM
should be a direct replacement but its not a xenon bulb, prob a xenon match....

BADB5A4
01-23-2009, 11:11 AM
As long as you have the knowledge that they aren't real xenon's then they dont seem too $$ for replacements. They have clear glass which is a good thing

Silverstreak98
01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Look up Osram Silverstars on Ebay, there is usually a few around. These should not be confused with Silvania Silverstars which have a blue coating on the glass.

The Osrams are sold overseas and are one of the brightest H7 bulbs available.

CONTROL ONE
01-23-2009, 11:15 AM
For $11 each, I think that's even cheaper than Silverstars or the like. Try them.

I'll be ordering the DDM kit though.

BADB5A4
01-23-2009, 11:41 AM
I get all my bulbs from this guy - http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

He real straight forward as to whats good and whats not. Sometimes its worth send him an email just to read his opinion on how much the cheap stuff sucks [>_<]

bigrobby
01-23-2009, 11:42 AM
if i had a bulb out i'd pay the money for osram silverstars. i'd want all 4 to have matching fog lights. but for 11 bucks a piece these "xenon" bulbs sound very good....

PICS anybody?????????????

bigrobby
01-23-2009, 12:04 PM
i called Blua... the bulbs actually do have some xenon in them but of course they are the bright white...not the HID blueish tint. they are made my TRIFA or something...and maybe the parent company is gluhlampenwerk. couldnt find much on either company.

Then i just searched xenon H7 on ebay and you get all these options of replacement H7 "xenon" bulbs.....they're like 20 bucks shipped for a pair. i wouldnt normally try something like that .....unless somebody's had a good experience with the cheap h7 bulbs??????????