PDA

View Full Version : CAR ALARM!!!

audi_a4_turbo
01-22-2009, 10:01 AM
now a days when i lock up my car, after a couple of seconds my alarm always goes off?

Vreihenmotor6
01-22-2009, 10:26 AM
is it the factory one?

use vag com to see which sensor is getting tripped

audi_a4_turbo
01-22-2009, 10:31 AM
ya its stock alarm

Mrsteveoh
01-22-2009, 03:24 PM
do you leave your windows cracked? happens to me alot....the sensor inside probly being tripped from the breeze...just press it in, next to the driver seat

audi_a4_turbo
01-22-2009, 07:40 PM
ya i know that used to happen to me too, but the windows are closed, and it still goes off.

spyder101
01-25-2009, 09:00 PM
The sensitivity level has to be lowered in the Interior monitor control module. Take it to the dealer and have them drop it. It should be ok after that.

njm23
01-25-2009, 09:48 PM
The sensitivity level has to be lowered in the Interior monitor control module. Take it to the dealer and have them drop it. It should be ok after that.

seriously doubt that.

use vag-com to see what sensor is getting tripped. Probably your hood pin sensor but you'll have to scan to check.

spyder101
01-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Hmmm. kinda strange, it seamed to work on the last 85 cars I worked on for this concern.

JoBuNY
01-26-2009, 09:14 AM
I had this same thing happen to me this weekend. It's been like -5 degrees here so I was thinking maybe with the extreme cold and the strong winds that is what set it off.

You don't have anything in the car you left on do you? like a cell phone charger plugged in or anything like that

audi_a4_turbo
01-28-2009, 08:41 AM
nope, nothings pluged, all windows closed i even pressed the button by the drivers side, and once again as soon as i lock the doors a couple seconds later it goes off. well the weather is very cold now where i live can dat be the reason? i dont think so but ya help please.

B5A4Kevin
01-28-2009, 01:53 PM
hood switch is a possibility, but so is the interior monitoring. if you disable it and it still happens i would bet its the hood switch. if you disable it and it doesnt happen any more, i would have the sensitivity lowered. what makes me think its the hood switch is that if its interior monitoring it would have done it since he had the car, unless he just changed the sensitivity adaptation, or has a horde of gerbils or something inside his car that like to boogy down when no one is looking. there was a period when my alarm kept getting tripped during a week when it was really really windy, so that is also a possibilty, this is fixed by lowering the sensitivity as previously stated.

make sure to check under your seats for a random gerbil dance squad....

urban96
03-15-2009, 10:20 PM
how do you check which sensor it is with the vag-com?

turbo944s2
03-16-2009, 02:27 AM
My car was doing that. One of the strike points where the doors close ( I dont know what its called was loose) tightened it down and it stopped. Make sure all four of them are tight. Its a small triple square bit.

dantheman762
05-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Having the same problem - Do you mean to tighten the strike-point on the door or on the door jam? I'm assuming I'd have to rip the door apart to check if the wires are making contact, right? What's really weird about my problem is that the alarm is going off even with the FUSE PULLED OUT!

Dallas09
05-19-2009, 05:59 PM
how do you check which sensor it is with the vag-com?

Connect to central locking and click DTCs.

bigphil
05-19-2009, 08:46 PM
It's possible one of the doors and/or trunk is no longer locking. My trunk lock would freeze in winter and even though the vacuum was still working, the latch didn't lock because it was frozen so the alarm sets and a few mins later the car thinks "oh shit there's a door opening" and the alarm goes off. Check all your doors/trunk.

JPJ2007
05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
My Car alarm went off like 5 times today and it was sunny and 75 out.
I had the windows cracked. Is this why it kept going off? They were cracked
an inch. Just the front two.

I was going to make a thread but I think I'll pass if I get an answer.

btw, 98.5 A4 1.8T Factory alarm and stock car aside from 18% tint.

danphines
05-20-2009, 08:12 AM
if you have a vag com you can lower the sensitivity of the interior monitoring yourself.

eurotecknik
05-20-2009, 09:04 AM
^^^^How can you lower the sensitivity w/ vag-com. Step-by-step please???

danphines
05-20-2009, 09:30 AM
just got to search a little man.

45-Int. Monitor: -- KWP-1281
VAG-COM Works fine (note: This is tied in with 35-Central Locking so it may not work with pre-'97).

Sensitivity Adjustment

[Select]
[45 - Int. Monitor]
[Adaptation - 10]
Enter channel 01
Enter a value between 50-100 (it should be 100 by default) for the sensitivity of the ultra-sound sensors
[Save]

came from an awesome thread

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222147&highlight=vag+sticky

blackhat
05-20-2009, 07:34 PM
It was 90 out today so I decided to crack my windows a little, only like an inch drivers & pass side and less then 5 minutes later I hear my car alarm going crazy =(. Sucks..

somebody5788
05-20-2009, 07:38 PM
If I leave my windows fully open it normally takes a good 10 min till it goes off lol. But the windows open at all will allow the wind to set the alarm off.

recordstyle
05-21-2009, 10:26 AM
owned the car for years and years, pressed "the button" by the seat, took it to multiple dealers, mechanics and still have 0 clue why it does that. (and i HATE leaving my car every, single, time and walk away wondering... "hmm, will it happen again this time, again...")

the alarm thing, and the audi-crickets with the ac/fan/heater are the two worst things about my car that i wish audi put some extra time in years and years ago.

but, not to be completely negative - she's clean, rides hard and fast, and looks awesome.

spyder101
05-23-2009, 04:19 PM
owned the car for years and years, pressed "the button" by the seat, took it to multiple dealers, mechanics and still have 0 clue why it does that. (and i HATE leaving my car every, single, time and walk away wondering... "hmm, will it happen again this time, again...")

the alarm thing, and the audi-crickets with the ac/fan/heater are the two worst things about my car that i wish audi put some extra time in years and years ago.

but, not to be completely negative - she's clean, rides hard and fast, and looks awesome.

that button turns off the interior monitoring sensors.

recordstyle
05-23-2009, 05:31 PM
i know...

i meant my reply more as an annoyance where i've followed the manual, followed tips online, followed guys that came and VAG'd it, and even took it to multiple dealers/(and my personal mechanic that's excellent) and still have to deal with it randomly.

every day? no, but still - it shouldn't be happening ever imo... no fun :(

LowSantorin
05-23-2009, 08:04 PM
I remember the first summer i had my car and didn't know about the button lol. id always hear it and be like WTF. the worst i've seen is my girlfriends mk4 jetta. She lost her switchblade the other week and now everytime she locks and UNLOCKS her doors ith her key her alarm goes off. the weird thing is the alarm will go off and ou can start the car and drive it with the alarm on lol, it takes about 30 seconds to go off.

Have you tried the VAG COM yet?

spyder101
05-24-2009, 07:17 AM
i know...

i meant my reply more as an annoyance where i've followed the manual, followed tips online, followed guys that came and VAG'd it, and even took it to multiple dealers/(and my personal mechanic that's excellent) and still have to deal with it randomly.

every day? no, but still - it shouldn't be happening ever imo... no fun :(

What problems are you having? I can probably help.