PDA

View Full Version : swapping techtonics exhaust for stock ?'s

jzsickaudi
01-19-2009, 07:41 PM
hey guys, I just had a couple quick questions before I tackle this project. So i'm parting out my car and I'm trading my buddy his stock exhaust and downpipe for my techtonics/borla exhaust and downpipe. Just kind of wondering what's the easiest way to go about this.
okay so we both have our stock cats so should we just keep the whole assembly together (cat/dp/exhaust) or disconnect at the cat-dp connection and pull from there. I haven't had a chance to get under and look yet but just thought I would get some advice.

P.s. We both have facelift 1.8tqm.

njm23
01-19-2009, 07:59 PM
well the cat/DP bolts are a MAJOR PITA. At the same time I don't know if the exhaust will come out as a whole with the DP and cat..If you can get at the cat/dp bolts and there easy then I would say go that way.

T3hD0gg
01-19-2009, 08:32 PM
well the cat/DP bolts are a MAJOR PITA. At the same time I don't know if the exhaust will come out as a whole with the DP and cat..If you can get at the cat/dp bolts and there easy then I would say go that way.

When I did my clutch, I had to do this. The cat/DP will come out as one piece if you take off the second O2 sensor and work at it. You will have to disconnect the downpipe from the rest of the exhaust to be able to play with it and get it out.