PDA

View Full Version : Block off crank-case breather

MikeWasHere05
01-18-2009, 02:25 PM
Right now my PCV system is in shambles and I'm trying to get it back together. Looking at the diagram below...

http://home.alltel.net/sweese1/images/pcv/bentley_pcv.jpg

I have no item #9, the hard pipe that loops around the block and goes into the 034 pancake valve. Long story short, I had a hose there that ended up melting. So today I took that hose off and blocked off the pancake valve with a bypass cap.

My original plan was to purchase another hard pipe and install it with a catch can setup (was getting too much oil in my TIP). However, what if I just blocked off the outlet of the crank-case breather? EG: I put a bypass cap on the end of part #2.

I'm missing #5 as well, which I think may connect to another hose that I have just kinda chilling on the intake manifold plugged. Anybody know if that's right? I gotta install Parallels on my Mac so I can check the Bentley.

Thanks guys

AP-Specialties
01-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Let me know if you want #9 and #5. We have both in stock. (used)

MikeWasHere05
01-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Let me know if you want #9 and #5. We have both in stock. (used)

Looks like I would also need #6. I was the one who emailed you about #9. Could you PM me a price for 5, 6 and 9 shipped to 32901?

Thanks

4A Play
01-18-2009, 04:26 PM
where did that diagram come from? I need a 2.8 schmatic

njm23
01-18-2009, 04:58 PM
However, what if I just blocked off the outlet of the crank-case breather? EG: I put a bypass cap on the end of part #2.

you can't just "block off" that crank case breather hose. You CAN run that to the ground if you wanted, until you got your new parts or a catch can.

T3hD0gg
01-18-2009, 07:05 PM
you can't just "block off" that crank case breather hose. You CAN run that to the ground if you wanted, until you got your new parts or a catch can.

Yup, you can't. If you do, you'll be leaking oil around the valve cover and oil filler cap and that won't be any fun especially if you get oil on your timing belt. Just do what njm23 said and run it to the ground if you need to. That's what I do.

MikeWasHere05
01-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Yup, you can't. If you do, you'll be leaking oil around the valve cover and oil filler cap and that won't be any fun especially if you get oil on your timing belt. Just do what njm23 said and run it to the ground if you need to. That's what I do.

Thats what I figured. Right now its running to the ground. Won't that pose a pressure-loss issue?

njm23
01-18-2009, 09:06 PM
mhh.. no, nothing that I know of. I have no issues with it.