PDA

View Full Version : Tire Opinions.

JaVa
01-17-2009, 06:59 PM
so i know this is covered over and over, but i havent seen much on Ultra high perf all season tires. yes its not ideal but i cant afford snow and summer right now.
so waht are your opinions on these tires. anyone have personal experience with any of them. i live in seattle so see rain and a little snow every once in awhile.

BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S-$142 each. rated 3rd on tire rack but not many miles reported on.

Pirelli PZero Nero M&S-$173 each. rated 8 on tire rack, lots of miles reported on. but heard good things about them.

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position-$167 each. rated 1 on tire rack but not huge ammounts of miles again.

i currently have michelin pilot sx mxxx which are max perf summer which i have been really happy with

JaVa
01-18-2009, 06:20 AM
no one?

isleepsober
01-18-2009, 06:46 AM
i run the p zero neros and love them love love love.

road race s4
01-18-2009, 06:47 AM
I don't have any personal experience with the tires you listed but I've been pleased with Toyo Proxes4. I'm on my second set and no complains. Great in dry,wet and decent in snow (never got stuck) and I'm using fairly wide tires (245/40/17's).

I would also suggest www.treadepot.com for cheaper prices. I've ordered from them 3 times without any issues.

Oranoco
01-18-2009, 07:09 AM
I run Continental Sport Contact 3's on my A4 and so far I've been very impressed witrh them. Don't know how they fair on your side of the pond but here in the UK they are £150 a piece.

Just worked out that $244 a piece, damn we get ripped off in the UK for everything :(

ShawFM
01-18-2009, 07:19 AM
We have Dunlop SP Sport 5000 (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Dunlop&tireModel=SP+Sport+5000+Asymmetrical) on both of our A4's and they are fantastic during summer. Very good for the first couple years in the snow. But I still run Blizzaks during the winter.
And they are on closeout at Tire Rack