PDA

View Full Version : how to install a...

audlman
10-29-2004, 12:14 PM
just got my GFB Hybrid, i need to know how to install it, im kinda clueless on doing so... please help. thx!

littlewhite
10-29-2004, 12:15 PM
same way u do with any DV. AW tech might have a write up on that or DV install

derek2079
10-29-2004, 12:16 PM
hmmmm look in the diy section it tells how to install a bpv. its really not that hard just get under your car look on pass side you will see your bpv. take it off and put the new one on the same way it came off. alot of people have done this who havnt had car exp. including me

audlman
10-29-2004, 12:40 PM
where is my DV in a 2001?

EVIL-AUDI
10-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Take of the belly pan on the car. Look under the passenger side front and you'll see it there.

this may help.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/Bailey_DV30_install_A4_B5.pdf

skene
10-29-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by derek2079
hmmmm look in the diy section it tells how to install a bpv. its really not that hard just get under your car look on pass side you will see your bpv. take it off and put the new one on the same way it came off. alot of people have done this who havnt had car exp. including me

Wrong!

http://www.mboarefs.com/Referee.gif

Audi installs BPVs backwards from factory so that they last longer.

You should be installing any aftermarket valve opposite original installation so that the hose coming from the compressor side hits the bottom of the BPV and not the side of the BPV.

BPVs are made as push/pull valves.. one side vacuum will pull the valve up as the equalizing pressure is pushing on the diaphram of the valve. opening the valve.

the valve is held close by opposite pressures at both end of the valve.

derek2079
10-29-2004, 01:37 PM
god skene. know your shit, some people prefer one way over another but that doesnt make it the only correct way. lol u ****ing dumbass i liked the ref pic though. i unerstand you want to use it

skene
10-29-2004, 01:58 PM
its not about not knowing anything.. it's what is correct and what is not.

Audi installs it backwards. Truth.
So what does that tell you?
if you dont know what is right and wrong... how would you ever know?

I'm surprised.. I just gave you a lesson on how BPVs work... and you criticize it and say an opinion.

know your ______. as you say.

marked001
10-29-2004, 02:21 PM
I installed my underwear backwards once.... didnt really work any better...

audlman
10-29-2004, 02:32 PM
thank you, and thank you EVIL. Your a big help. Looks kinda complicated though...

derek2079
10-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by skene
its not about not knowing anything.. it's what is correct and what is not.

Audi installs it backwards. Truth.
So what does that tell you?
if you dont know what is right and wrong... how would you ever know?

I'm surprised.. I just gave you a lesson on how BPVs work... and you criticize it and say an opinion.

know your ______. as you say.

skene get your eyes checked son.

skene
10-29-2004, 04:04 PM
ok daughter.

jones3000
10-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by skene
ok daughter.

you're corny man. you must get your @$$ kicked daily.

skene
10-29-2004, 04:11 PM
oh yes.

>crying on your shoulder< please defend me.

You're such a big bad F&I guy... protect me. please.

jones3000
10-29-2004, 04:14 PM
Listen. . . . .

I

DON'T

GO

THAT

WAY.

Come with some real jokes man. you're so wack and you don't even know it. Being an @$$hole must be your way of venting for your lame life.

skene
10-29-2004, 04:31 PM
oh man...

those words.

ouch my feelings are getting hurt.
and I thought you cared.

;)

derek2079
10-29-2004, 05:33 PM
skene your done before you speak.

and yes he does get beat up every day. molestered maybe?

EVIL-AUDI
10-29-2004, 05:41 PM
I've had enough. Last warning to all of you on the back and forth.

audlman
your welcome. It's pretty easy though. You'll see when you get in there, trust me.

matt719
10-29-2004, 06:28 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/limefrog/MSfunny.jpg

jones3000
10-29-2004, 06:30 PM
^^^funny.

bOOOOstedAudi
10-30-2004, 01:35 AM
no offense but i kinda agreed with derek and jones. Skene you do know your stuff don't get me wrong but sometimes the way you say things comes off rather harsh. but you reall are a good sorce of info.

Starting
10-30-2004, 06:25 AM
theres a page somewhere that has a list of about 5-6 bpv's installed on an audi and a chart with the boost they held and stuff like that. It also showed how to modify the bpv with new springs or to add a washer so it realeases quicker. Search for that site and see which way to install it.

overboostpsi
10-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Not hard at all, I have a GFB hybrid and I installed mine in about an hour without knowing anything about the valve...just follow the directions provided and the added assistance that EVIL gave you should help out alot. The hardest part I thought was getting those damn oem clips off the hoses...use the new ones much easier to put on and take off, especially when you're going to have to adjust it to the setting you want...Also don't run the valve to hard, you might get a CEL...I have mine on the lowest setting which is four turns from no spring tension.

Although I've heard some guys run their valves at 50% and have no problems. I've never gotten a CEL, so I'll stick to the setting I've set up. Love the sound...if you do decide to chip or if you're chipped already, test out what setting you can run it on...someone told me to completely close the valve so that it works as a by pass...this will hold a sh*t load of boost, better than Forge valves...

Good Luck

quattro_maniac
10-30-2004, 09:08 AM
OT: that's a big ass picture...