PDA

View Full Version : CEL

EugeneAUDI
01-14-2009, 11:39 AM
So I was just driving home last night, no change in performance and the CEL came on, not blinking just solid. I'm going to go out to autozone for a VAG-COM but is it okay to drive with a solid, I know the blinking is bad. Or is there anything I should check first?

Bic-Ball
01-14-2009, 11:43 AM
it's anything between your gas cap being loose to your engine is going to explode

B5A4Kevin
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
blinking oil pressure light = exploding engine

solid mil is ok to drive with, but is recommended to check the fault before further driving. it could be an emissions issue, or possibly a vacuum leak causing a lean condition.

blinking mil represents misfiring cylinders. often this is caused by ignition coils or ignition modules/spark plugs/wires on some vehicles. you pretty much only want to drive up the road or onto a trailer/flatbed so you can get to the dealer or parts store. its good to keep a spare coil in your car.

EugeneAUDI
02-13-2009, 10:28 AM
So I went to autozone and it pulled that the system is running lean. Had it cleared and it runs great unless pushed harder than typical driving in which case CEL comes back on. Guy at autozone recommended scrubbing the o2 sensor with a wire brush to remove carbon. Any other suggestions? Cleaning? places to check before I bring her to a mechanic....

flyromeo3
02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
what was the code he pulled.