PDA

View Full Version : transmission problems!

iNsaNiA
01-13-2009, 03:39 PM
i have a situation with my car...... the clutch had been slipping...and it was the original clutch and the car has almost 100k miles so i figured it was time to get a new clutch. car goes into the shop to get a new one, and i get a call saying the axle wouldnt come off to so they had to break it, and they are charging me for a new axle (is it just me or am i not the only one who doesnt get that?) furthermore my car goes in with a decent transmission....not the smoothest shifts, but certainly workable. I get it back and it now takes a large weight-bearing throw to get it into gear and sometimes it wont even go. and im puzzled because the tranny went in working fine....someone help!

Scotty@Advanced
01-17-2009, 07:23 PM
i have a situation with my car...... the clutch had been slipping...and it was the original clutch and the car has almost 100k miles so i figured it was time to get a new clutch. car goes into the shop to get a new one, and i get a call saying the axle wouldnt come off to so they had to break it, and they are charging me for a new axle (is it just me or am i not the only one who doesnt get that?) furthermore my car goes in with a decent transmission....not the smoothest shifts, but certainly workable. I get it back and it now takes a large weight-bearing throw to get it into gear and sometimes it wont even go. and im puzzled because the tranny went in working fine....someone help!

They could have screwed up shifter alignment when the trans was installed, what did the shop say?

ScottyRay
03-14-2009, 05:51 PM
let me guess...you took it to Audi Nashville?