PDA

View Full Version : Wet Floor

stevejones19
01-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Another new problem... YAY [:D] I've been noticing lately that my car has been really foggy inside. I went to get something off the rear passengerr floor and it was all soaking wet. [headbang][headbang]

I haven't looked at it or anything yet because its late. And ill be snowboarding tomorrow so i might not get to it then either.

So has this happened to anyone else, is it common? or Do i just gotta figure this out on my own?

I think if the devil were to be a car, Im driving it. lol [evilsmile]

Steve

Maki
01-09-2009, 01:49 AM
It can be water around the battery, I had the same problem with my last car. You need to take the battery out and clean under the battery where the water is supposed to run out. (sorry for the bad explenation, I don't remeber the the word haha!)

stevejones19
01-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I guess there could be water there, But i'm pretty sure its getting so fogged up because of the leak from the inside [>_>]

badseed
01-10-2009, 09:46 AM
My car had the same thing, and it was the battery drain being clogged. When it gets clogged it will leak the water from the cowl into the car on the passenger side. You may also want to unclog the sunroof drains, but that is significantly more work (rear bumper removal) than the battery drain. Good luck, hope this helps.

Maki
01-10-2009, 09:56 AM
My car had the same thing, and it was the battery drain being clogged. When it gets clogged it will leak the water from the cowl into the car on the passenger side. You may also want to unclog the sunroof drains, but that is significantly more work (rear bumper removal) than the battery drain. Good luck, hope this helps.

Yes! Drain was the word I was looking for [:d]
Hope you solve the problem.

JaVa
01-10-2009, 10:19 AM
sunroof drain.

Jaxspeeddemon
01-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Hopefully the drain is just clogged, a friend of mine has a 97a4 1.8t and his carpet gets soaked only when it rains alot, not when he washes the car or light rain,turns out his car was in a wreck before he bought it, the front driver fender was fixed and there was a little hole or crack inside somewhere and thats how the water was getting in, a little bit of epoxy fixed it, so if your car was ever had a fender replaced or fixed you might wanna check that. My freind had to replace all of his carpet.

Sinister
01-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I have the same problem on my drivers side, front and back, fogged up, moist inside, smells nice... but not on the Audi thankfully.

EuRoSp1c
01-10-2009, 11:29 AM
had the same problem in my gti..... it sucked... but i eventually unclogged it...

stevejones19
01-11-2009, 11:40 AM
Wow. ok, thanks for all the help. Gonna get on that asap. Its supposed to be decent hear this week.

revbjeff
01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
SEARCH

dredrift
08-09-2009, 02:01 PM
If it only builds up on one side of the floor, mainly if there is a puddle in the back seat on the floor, it is usually caused by a cloged sunroof drain, if that is not the case, then look at all the seals in and around your windows.

stevejones19
08-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Wasn't sunroof drain.

The seal around my cabin air filter wasn't tight so it was just running in through there.

(just answering cuz i feel bad for the 8 month bump)

Kleckers69
04-13-2010, 07:03 AM
I am going to bump this because I just did a search on why my front passenger side carpet was wet, going to check the cabin filter and battery tray drain!

A4 Jarrid
04-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Take a bottle of water and open your sunroof. You'll see the drains right on the left and right front corners. Open your fuse box (Just trust me) pour the water in and watch where it comes out. The vast majority of the time the water will follow the frame of the car down the door frame and drip off onto the top of the fuse box and onto your drivers side floor. Easy solution: Go go to the hardware store, get some similar (but slightly smaller) gauge rubber hose, feed it into the sunroof drain and epoxy the top flush with the drain hole. The first 4 inches of the drainage hose are partial to cracking and this problem allows you to bypass the leaky segment and have the water run its normal course. Hopefully this will fix it as it did mine. Good luck!

ElSabio182
04-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Had the same problem a couple weeks ago when it was raining like hell (foggy windows in the months before as wel). I looked at the battery drain....but it was clear, so i assumed it was the sunroof drain. The guy I took it to said there was ANOTHER drain on the firewall, below the coolent expansion tank. Said it was a clogged and rusted to hell. Fingers crossed my carpets stay dry...

stevejones19
04-14-2010, 08:03 PM
His is on the passenger side though, so it's slightly different over there.

ElSabio182
04-15-2010, 06:52 AM
Yup, mine was rear passenger-side too. I park on a hill, so every night the water would all pool in the footwell after creeping down the front seat footwells.

stevejones19
04-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Oh oops, my fault there, i meant to quote A4Jarrid on that one. My bad.

Take a bottle of water and open your sunroof. You'll see the drains right on the left and right front corners. Open your fuse box (Just trust me) pour the water in and watch where it comes out. The vast majority of the time the water will follow the frame of the car down the door frame and drip off onto the top of the fuse box and onto your drivers side floor. Easy solution: Go go to the hardware store, get some similar (but slightly smaller) gauge rubber hose, feed it into the sunroof drain and epoxy the top flush with the drain hole. The first 4 inches of the drainage hose are partial to cracking and this problem allows you to bypass the leaky segment and have the water run its normal course. Hopefully this will fix it as it did mine. Good luck!