PDA

View Full Version : custon intake

1.8teeezy
10-27-2004, 03:14 PM
hi im new to the forum, any help would be great.

I was wondering if anyone has tried to make a custom intake pipe?

too few companies make them, and the ones that do cost too much.

so i was just wondering if anyone had made one themselves or if anyone had heard of any problems with making a custom pipe.

any help is great thanks

audisnapr
10-27-2004, 03:28 PM
you might want to do a search on this teeezy before one of the veterans barks at you [:D]

are you looking to change the location of your intake inlet? Or are you looking to change out the OEM intake system? Seems like the general consensus on this site is that the OEM airbox is the best you can do.

Some run the cone style intakes in the engine bay (which is debatable), others run CDA's from BMC and there is a new one out by Carbonio that has yet to really hit the market yet. But most will say just run a K&N filter in the stock box and you'll be good to go.

If you are looking to just change the intake inlet location, there isn't much hope. That side of our engine bay is pretty sealed off.

audlman
10-27-2004, 03:56 PM
lets see, we have Quattro making some. He's 'slowly' making progress. Do a search like he said, im very sure you will find many results.

audisnapr
10-27-2004, 04:19 PM
I'm working out the kinks on a custom CDA intake using stock inlet location for street and headlight inlet for track.

audlman
10-27-2004, 04:20 PM
nice man. tell us when you get something, and post pics!