PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Q for 225TT guys (vw owner needs help)

1.8Todd
10-26-2004, 07:18 PM
As I am told some Audi guys do not like us VW guys, however I figured I might consult you guys for help finding an upgraded clutch that isnt 1500 bucks for my 2003 VW GTI 20th AE.

it is a 240mm clutch for an 02m transmission same as on the 225tt and vr6 24v.

any help would be appreciated.

TT Quattro
10-26-2004, 09:23 PM
I don't know why people say that VW and OOOO are the same breed. Any whoot there are some many diff clutches really just depends on what you are looking for. Do you race alot or is it a daily driver and you want a little more grip?

TT Quattro
10-26-2004, 09:24 PM
check out the vwvortex.com forums good info and people

1.8Todd
10-26-2004, 10:51 PM
unfortunately on the vortex everyone runs a spec clutch i am looking for other options and thought i would turn to the audi guys since they might know of other places besides the tex. which honestly is a waste of time going on to find out if a part is good cause it turns into people fighting

also it will be a daily driver and track care pushing 350 hp

TT Quattro
10-27-2004, 02:55 PM
they have a audi forum there

A4Jon1.8t
10-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by TT Quattro
I don't know why people say that VW and OOOO are the same breed.
That is one of the most rediculous things I have ever heard in my life. That's the same as saying Honda and Acura, Infinity and Nissan, Chevy and Pontiac, are all of two seperate breeds. THEY'RE ALL MADE BY THE SAME MANUFACTURER, USE THE SAME FREAKIN' PARTS, AND HAVE THE SAME FREAKIN' ENGINES!! When was the last time you picked up a part from Audi, in the little white boxes, that didn't have an Audi AND VW logo on it? Have ya looked under your hood lately? Count all the VW logos in there. Pop the hood on any VW, looky... AUDI RINGS! WOW! WHAT A COINCIDENCE![rolleyes]

Sometimes, Audi guys take it a little too damn far on the "we're better than VW's, or we're different from VW's" thing. More like, we all drive high priced and slightly refined VW's.[;)]

ncttrnl
10-28-2004, 12:16 AM
I have a slightly modded 5 speed 180 with an ecs tunning clutch kit and lightened flywheel and I like it. It was only like 800 bucks or something for the whole kit.

I know they have similar kits for the 6 speeds. Its basically a larger flywheel and a pressure plate for a vr6 with a more agressive clutch.