PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for a high daily mileage driver...

DJmuggs
12-15-2008, 09:01 AM
So ive been working at this pizza place in town delivering, the moneys good because we are located in one of the richest neighborhoods on long island and get average tips of $5-$10 per delivery, and i usually take 12-20 per shift. thats about 50-60 miles a shift, and i work 4 days a week PLUS i commute to school which is about another 100 miles a week. so on average i drive about 3-400 miles a week.

I'm just wondering what type of extra precautions i should take on maintaining my car, because right now the only things i do is use premium gas, and fully synthetic oil, lol.

btw the car has 47k and counting.
99 a4

thanks,
muggs

VagStaR
12-15-2008, 09:23 AM
holy crap, where did you find a 99 with 47k on it. thats pretty awesome

Spykce
12-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Just keep up on basic maintenance, do the belt change at 60k, change plugs when they are needed and keep up on oil changes. Inspect everything once a week if you get a chance. You should be fine I would think. I'm sure others will chime in.

FLACO X3
12-15-2008, 09:36 AM
what he said ^. I average 500 miles a week all highway and the only issue i had was the alternator died on me on the interstate in rush hour. Just keep up with regular maintenance and you should be fine.

DJmuggs
12-15-2008, 11:45 AM
holy crap, where did you find a 99 with 47k on it. thats pretty awesome

lol yeh i actually bought it last year with 36k miles... but anyway thanks, just making sure i dont F anyting up by not taking care of it.

djwimbo
12-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Keep an eye on your brake pads. People that do a lot of deliveries, etc go through them faster. Maybe once every other week, grab a flashlight and peek through the spokes at the pads.

Our newspaper delivery guy goes through pads every other week, trans flushes every 3 weeks and rotors once a month.