PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on engine temperatures

a4rings
12-15-2008, 12:52 AM
Hey guys, i just drove from los angeles to sacramento and when i got home my passenger was surprised that my engine temperature gauge was not even at half way. Normally i think the gauge is half way when the oil temp is warmed up(175degrees). now the temperature outside was around 50 degrees and it was raining most of the way. does it sound ok that the engine temp was kinda low? i mean i have been noticing the temp has not been going up as much as normal but i wasnt sure if it was a problem. my coolant is a little low, could that be the issue? thanks guys

Kronic Budz
12-15-2008, 12:59 AM
first off, get that coolant topped off. That is just as crucial if not more crucial then engine oil.secondly, your engine should be operating at the same temperature no matter what temperature you are driving in. That is just my opinion for an audi. My gauge is always right halfway or a little less then middle unless i just stopped from a long drive and then my gauge gets a little past half way, but not for long.

lukepl
12-15-2008, 01:07 AM
thats normal my friend said the same thing to me but i guess eclipses jus get hoter than our cars