PDA

View Full Version : Show Your Custom intakesss

beAu4
12-03-2008, 07:43 PM
so im thinking of making my own intake . right now i just have a cone . any ideas???thanks

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
12-03-2008, 07:46 PM
no

and you didnt even say please nor thank you... [rolleyes]

SoFresh
12-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I could swear that there are about 100 of this exact same thread on here... hmmm...

How come I feel as if the B5 A4 is the new Honda Civic/Integra? (which is sad because the B5 A4 is still my favorite Audi)

Anyways, more "InTaKzzzz" pics please....

a4mafia
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I could swear that there are about 100 of this exact same thread on here... hmmm...

How come I feel as if the B5 A4 is the new Honda Civic/Integra? (which is sad because the B5 A4 is still my favorite Audi)

Anyways, more "InTaKzzzz" pics please....
I dont know. Probably because its not true.

SoFresh
12-03-2008, 08:09 PM
I dont know. Probably because its not true.

Right.... I guess you're right....[rolleyes]

chris marchant
12-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Right.... I guess you're right....[rolleyes]

actually i have seen a few audi 90's running around with some big fart mufflers that sound like crap and i feel that they are giving audi's a bad name in my town

UN-PIMP-Z-A4
12-03-2008, 08:26 PM
actually any car thats tunable and relatively cheap will fall into the hands of people with limited funds that will put frivalous things with no function on their whips.

a4mafia
12-03-2008, 08:29 PM
actually i have seen a few audi 90's running around with some big fart mufflers that sound like crap and i feel that they are giving audi's a bad name in my town
well yeah. something like that is ricer and retarded. but an intake does not make an a4 become a "civic/integra." Sure, there are a4's out there that are riced out but there is always going to be that riced out model somewhere. Always.

a4mafia
12-03-2008, 08:29 PM
actually any car thats tunable and relatively cheap will fall into the hands of people with limited funds that will put frivalous things with no function on their whips.
x2

beAu4
12-03-2008, 08:31 PM
yea theres kids out there who do janky shit to there cars. im not one of them. im just going for a more custom set up because there are not many kits out there .
'']

a4mafia
12-03-2008, 09:11 PM
yea theres kids out there who do janky shit to there cars. im not one of them. im just going for a more custom set up because there are not many kits out there .
'']
And neither am I...

njm23
12-03-2008, 09:31 PM
if he wants to run one let him.. it can't get any simpler than a stock ko3 intake setup though. not to mention unless you have done some pcv/evap cleaning up you'll need a couple ports on that tip. completely unnecessary? yes should you do it? if you want, but put a heat shield there

SoFresh
12-03-2008, 09:48 PM
I want referring to the whole "cone filter" intake, its an intake regarless, thats not what I was referring too as honda, etc.

mainly to all the noobs who come on here, never search, and want to do a stick and cone intake and cheap wheels, etc etc, first thing, next im sure we will be seeing a bov question, that is all.

intakes=better throttle response, etc, blah blah, you can just tell someone who came over here from honda-tech, they're the ones always spelling things with stupid letters and words such as "iNtAkeZzZzZ Yo!"

that is all, I just dont want to see the b5 go down hill and give everyone with a b5 a bad name, that is all.

You will need a heat shield, the layout of your engine bay unfortinitely is a heat sore, there are some DIY write-ups on here for how to go about those, as well as many DIYs on here for custom intakes, theyve all been done before, just need to search.

biketsai
12-03-2008, 10:40 PM
that is all, I just dont want to see the b5 go down hill and give everyone with a b5 a bad name, that is all.

This statement really scares me as time goes by.
"hey mom! AUDI for $5k!!!"

I think the thing is that alot of people don't understand how turbo cars work and there really isnt like an "intake" for our car.

But for the OP- other than that cone filter, you really arent going to see any gains. I mean, if you want, you can drop like $200 on a nice Samco turbo inlet pipe, but I doubt that will even be necessary with a k03.

beAu4
12-04-2008, 08:09 AM
i already have a heat shield . what i am trying to do is get rid of that stock bend it looks like shit to me. i dont want some shinny as piece of chrome or anything . i just want to do a nice bend coming out for a more efficient flow of air.

1fstavant
12-04-2008, 08:27 AM
bring the stock tip to a welder and have them fab you one up easy simple prolly cost some money but

JumboBlack1.8
12-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Heres mine from way back when:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee167/FattieJayMack/DSCN0054.jpg
Used a Blitz oil-less 3" filter w/ velocity stack adapter, a 2.5" mandrel bent u-pipe, and a Samco TIP......it didn't do much as far as performance goes (might have made the spool up a bit louder), but it was definitely nice....I'm not opposed to making custom intakes of virtually stock or mildly modded K03's. Though the stock airbox is made to be the most efficient intake setup for the stock turbo, it is also designed to be very quiet. If you want to "wake up" the sound of your turbo and engine, then a "custom" or aftermarket intake (definitely NOT worth it, since custom only cost me $150 total) is a good way to go.

I've still got that filter laying around. PM me if u want it

Cost of Intake:
Filter -- $45 used
Samco TIP -- $80 used
U-pipe -- $20 shipped
Various silicone hoses -- maybe $30 shipped tops
Heat shield (best part of the intake) -- $85 shipped

SoFresh
12-04-2008, 09:45 AM
^^^ For as much as you spent on gathering used parts you could nowadays probably purchase a used one ABD intake

http://abdracing.com/Merchant2/graphics/abd/70.q18t.jpg

beAu4
12-04-2008, 07:29 PM
where can i get one of those?^

SoFresh
12-04-2008, 07:31 PM
^^^ google audi 1.8t intake, or abd intake.... namotorsports, ecs, other major audi performance sites...

SlipAngle
12-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey JumboBlack1.8 where did you get that velocity stack adapter, all I could find were huge 6" diameter ones.

JumboBlack1.8
12-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey JumboBlack1.8 where did you get that velocity stack adapter, all I could find were huge 6" diameter ones.

Can't remember.....I bought it a very long time ago. I've still got the filter and the stack tho. PM me if u want it

SoFresh
12-04-2008, 08:53 PM
I think you can buy velocity stacks from summit racing or jeggs... I may be wrong.

beAu4
12-05-2008, 01:42 AM
do you kno where i can get those wierd screw for the engine cover?

SoFresh
12-06-2008, 01:49 PM
do you kno where i can get those wierd screw for the engine cover?

dealership, I bet they have them in stock and probably wont charge you more than $2 for one, if not just give it to you for free

bassed
12-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Really no gain or point unless you're running a BT or BAT.

Setup I ran with the 2860rshttp://bassed.smugmug.com/photos/190111442_jpAWL-L.jpg

Presently running thishttp://bassed.smugmug.com/photos/339961888_bwF6f-L.jpg

djwimbo
12-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I used to make fun of people using T-Bolts on the intakes. NOW, I appreciate it b/c it makes it look soo much cleaner.