PDA

View Full Version : Adding Subwoofer to Non-Bose Symphony I

totalB5
12-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm planning to add a subwoofer to the stock headunit pretty soon and was wondering if anyone has experienced doing this.

I've heard that there is a stock amp that came with the car on the rear left speaker - attached to it. Would I have to tap this particular connection to the aftermarket amp that I bought for the subwoofer?

If anyone has instructions or method on doing this, I would very appreciate the help.

I've tried searching but the result came out to be negative.

Once again, thanks in advance for the help. [up]

J-jizzle
12-02-2008, 10:57 PM
You can check out a4mods.com. There is a write up there, although it is for B6 models and the guy is doing it on a Bose system, but it gets the Idea across. I did something like this and It works great. I had a local guy hook up the high low converter for me.

biketsai
12-02-2008, 11:26 PM
I did it!
What you need to do is get a Level Line In Converter which taps a source from the rear speakers, and you get your RCA cables from that. Other than that, just wire that amp to the battery, and you are set. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me.
-Chris

totalB5
12-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Thank you so much for the tips, offers, and help guys!

Everything is much appreciated!

Also just as a side thought, where did you guys mount your amp?
Is there a place that you guys know of that hides the amp from being seen (I'm going for a clean install and trying to hide these things as much as possible).

Once again, thanks so much!

4A Play
12-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Spare tire well if you ditched it, or Im sure It could be mounted on the underside of the rear deck with a simple trip to the hardware store for some nuts/ bolts.

biketsai
12-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Mine is screwed down to the back of my drivers side rear seat