PDA

View Full Version : ABS Problem...

sixfiveoh
11-23-2008, 06:50 PM
For some reason, every once in a while when I turn my car on the ABS light will come on by itself. It is not the same as when I had a faulty module, when the ABS light would come on solid, and the BRAKE light would flash and it would alert you with three tones. I had the module repaired by a member on the forums, but now it's just the ABS light, and every once in a while when I come to a stop, I'll hear and feel a clunk from near the brake pedal.

Any ideas?

diablooffire03
11-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Maybe not rebuilt properly?

4BLKRNGS
11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
i had the exact same problem with my 98 fwd 1.8t 3 days ago. took off the back rotors and cleaned the abs sensors with a damp rag then put them back on with a new set of brake pads and bam good as new

mnsirtee
11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
i have the same problem. first my break light would blink, after i did the diy modul repair only the abs light is on. I think it could be the abs sensor or the line. there is a DIY somewhere around this forum that show you how to fix this.

sixfiveoh
11-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Now it's doing it pretty much every time I drive the car. Starting to really bother me as I thought I fixed my little ABS problem. I guess I'll give cleaning the sensors a shot?