PDA

View Full Version : Koni Yellow Coilovers

Audi_Sniper
10-19-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm picking up a set of SPP Koni Yellow Coilovers, Fully adjustable shocks and springs. I don't know much about them but could not pass up the deal. I just want to know who has them or any info about them you know of. How do they rate to H&R or KW?
I was looking for KW V2 but you know how that goes.

Thanks

yellowaudi24psi
10-19-2004, 05:17 PM
h&r rides like a dream but the konis are a good choice sldo i know a few a4 owners who swear by them

chucka4
10-19-2004, 06:52 PM
i have the konies and i love them. made a big difrence and the ride is still pritty nice. and for the money they are great. thats my thoughts

Audi Skate Snow
10-19-2004, 06:54 PM
I have the koni's as well.. I got them from SPP also. They are very nice...when adjusting you have to compress the shock all the way and then it will pop in a grove and you turn then untill they are tight....in the front i turned fully tight and then backed off one turn. and rear fullly tight and backed off 2 turns.

THe coilovers handle amazing..they are not bumpy at all and they ride prefect/

DarkkstaR
10-19-2004, 07:10 PM
I can get you V3s for 1400 locally but thats a lot of money.

Audi_Sniper
10-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys . I will be picking them up on the 31 of Oct I cant wait...[:D]

IndieRockSteve
10-20-2004, 09:32 AM
I have the stasis koni's from Jeremy, just got them installed 2 weekends ago. Here's my impression so far...
the ride quality is as nice as my old stock sport suspension. Its definitly tighter with less rebound, but in my opinion that made the ride better. Its not quite as soft overall, but the smoothness and predictability of movement overall makes me like the ride comfort more.
As far as handling improvements, my car now, in the rain, handles about as well as it used to in the dry. Not a perfect analogy, but from the few rainy days we've had so far thats my general feel.
Dry weather performance is obviously amazing. The car now sits more evenly on the tires through turns, wheel squeel around turns was moved to higher speeds. I can now drive like I used to and never hear a tire squeel.

I'd definitly say it was worth it. the H&R coilovers might be better for track applications, but the koni's will do fine for occasional track use, and are great for street driving comfort.

Do it.

littlewhite
10-20-2004, 12:04 PM
I got the Koni COs back in May from Eric. Gd price and Gd setup. Is way better ride quality from H&R race+Bilstein setup but yet cornering is good also

98a4
10-20-2004, 01:57 PM
I have KW V1's and I LOVE them... Ride is awsome! Even at 24"
I have no bounce and never rub... handles very good (for being that low)

littlewhite
10-21-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by 98a4
I have KW V1's and I LOVE them... Ride is awsome! Even at 24"
I have no bounce and never rub... handles very good (for being that low)

24" ! !

What tire/wheel setup u got? I rub when i was @ 24.5" up now a bit but still rub in some location and additional weight

IndieRockSteve
10-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by blackknight
24" ! !

What tire/wheel setup u got? I rub when i was @ 24.5" up now a bit but still rub in some location and additional weight

are the wheel wells for the front tires higher than in the rear? I'm assuming they are, just in looking at my car it looks a little weird with the rear right in line with the tire but the front a good 1/2" above...

recognized1
10-21-2004, 04:27 PM
I have had the Koni CO for 4 years. I love them they ride great and I never had any problems. Great product for a good price.

Audi_Sniper
11-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Audi Skate Snow
I have the koni's as well.. I got them from SPP also. They are very nice...when adjusting you have to compress the shock all the way and then it will pop in a grove and you turn then untill they are tight....in the front i turned fully tight and then backed off one turn. and rear fullly tight and backed off 2 turns.

/

Okay I,m going to put these in today and need a little bit more info on how to adjust them. So I do this before I put them on the car? With the rears I compress them all the way and then they pop in a groove, and then turn the allen key to the right to tighten them? And the fronts all I see is a little slot with holes. I take it I do the same, compress and turn to the right to tighten?

MKGIY
11-02-2004, 07:55 AM
I actaully am getting ride of my KWV2s.

Mike

Audi_Sniper
11-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by MKGIY
I actaully am getting ride of my KWV2s.

Mike

Now you tell me.[:(] How much?

MKGIY
11-02-2004, 08:13 AM
I was gonnaget ride of them for like 600.

Mike

jjjoe
11-06-2004, 04:24 PM
If you want to get those KW's, I'd be interested in the Koni's. How many miles on them? How much would you be asking?
Joe