PDA

View Full Version : Stock GTI beat me!!!

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 01:20 PM
Well my buddy got a stock GTI 05, I got gt2871r, FMIC, exhaust, Forge Splitter, Labree HFC, B&M SS, APR software. Well it did like a 30mph roll, I stay with him but he rolls away slowly. I know that my car has more power and torque, could it be the cold? 35 degrees F where we live. In the summer or when it was warmer he had no chance. Also I have been reading people having similar problems, spark plugs seem to come up alot, so what would be the best plug for winter use?

speedydragon
11-20-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm sure your car would pull a lot harder in the cold.

njm23
11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
haha sounds like your car is fucked up man..cold wouldn't affect you like that. You could get a colder plug. but doubt that alone would solve whatever is wrong here

Jibberific
11-20-2008, 01:28 PM
yeah something has to be wrong because i would expect you to waste a gti with a setup like that, at least by a little bit

AWDTURBO
11-20-2008, 01:29 PM
do you know how to drive?

savetheclutch
11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
is your car tuned for that set up??? I did not know apr had a chip for the GT2871r

andyrew
11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
What were you boosting to?

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
is your car tuned for that set up??? I did not know apr had a chip for the GT2871r

No, I had to get a new engine from Jasper cuz the old one died on me on the way to class (50 mi trip). I bought the kit w/ MIKA tune, intending to install it but the engine died so I put the kit on the new engine, but with MIKA tune it ran rich and shi***, so after a couple threads about MIKA decided to put back the stock ecu w/ APR tune, 93 and stock. But the thing is that I have wasted him before during the warmer temps. I heard that cold air could affect since air pressure changes and FMIC too much cold dense air affects how the engine runs etc, (physics lol).

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 01:39 PM
What were you boosting to?

17 psi, but in 5th lets say im at 3/4 pedal travel and then go WOT it will hit 20psi then go back down to 17psi.
I REALLY NEED A TUNE LOOKING A UNITRONICS BUT NO $$$!!!!

njm23
11-20-2008, 02:05 PM
so wait.. your running a tune made for a k03 on a 2871? AND racing on it at that? wow.. so you have larger injectors maf ect.. just missing the tune for it? if i was you i wouldnt be going into boost period..

pipe7284
11-20-2008, 02:07 PM
wow that sucks. You need a tune for the set up.
On my girl`s GTRS A4 on the 1/4 mile, i took an MK4 and MK5 r32. I dont know that much about those R32, but i definatelly finished first at the end of the quarter mile.

ooohhh yeah, i almost forgot...on MIKA tune.

fernando
11-20-2008, 02:25 PM
Well my buddy got a stock GTI 05, I got gt2871r, FMIC, exhaust, Forge Splitter, Labree HFC, B&M SS, APR software. Well it did like a 30mph roll, I stay with him but he rolls away slowly. I know that my car has more power and torque, could it be the cold? 35 degrees F where we live. In the summer or when it was warmer he had no chance. Also I have been reading people having similar problems, spark plugs seem to come up alot, so what would be the best plug for winter use?

there has to be something either seriously wrong with your car, or the gti is not stcok......or u can't drive, your car with the setup that you say you have should be at over 250 WHP at minimum......a 2005 GTI is rated at 180hp, so it will probably have aroung 145 to 150 to the wheels......so i don't think that you need to be a genius to figure this out

Kyle H
11-20-2008, 02:28 PM
I got gt2871r, FMIC, exhaust, Forge Splitter, Labree HFC, B&M SS, APR software.

No, I had to get a new engine from Jasper cuz the old one died on me on the way to class (50 mi trip). I bought the kit w/ MIKA tune, intending to install it but the engine died so I put the kit on the new engine, but with MIKA tune it ran rich and shi***, so after a couple threads about MIKA decided to put back the stock ecu w/ APR tune, 93 and stock. But the thing is that I have wasted him before during the warmer temps. I heard that cold air could affect since air pressure changes and FMIC too much cold dense air affects how the engine runs etc, (physics lol).

There's your problem.

Get that shit tuned man... Do you have a wideband at least to make sure your car isn't killing itself?

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 02:28 PM
so wait.. your running a tune made for a k03 on a 2871? AND racing on it at that? wow.. so you have larger injectors maf ect.. just missing the tune for it? if i was you i wouldnt be going into boost period..

Bascially I have everything I have MIKA tune, 550cc inject., 3" maf, but MIKA F*cKs up everything. I wish I could find a UNI ecu for cheap, or get sponosred by them. I am the only modded bt a4 where I live (that I know of), yea others have rims but nothing motor, and there are not alot a4s around here. Dover, DE

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 02:30 PM
There's your problem.

Get that shit tuned man... Do you have a wideband at least to make sure your car isn't killing itself?

No one around here can tune audi's, and MD, PA, NJ tuner shop dont support MIKA.

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 02:33 PM
there has to be something either seriously wrong with your car, or the gti is not stcok......or u can't drive, your car with the setup that you say you have should be at over 250 WHP at minimum......a 2005 GTI is rated at 180hp, so it will probably have aroung 145 to 150 to the wheels......so i don't think that you need to be a genius to figure this out

Yea I know, I can drive, my car is not tuned for the turbo, I pull alot harder than he does, but for some reason my car slows down, Its all new, I bascially got a whole new engine bay, 0 mileage on everthing in there (hoses, fluids, plugs mounts )with the exception of the turbo w/ only a couple of hundred miles.

Militant-Grunt
11-20-2008, 02:35 PM
lol.. Did you really think that setup left up to its own devices without a tune would be faster than a stock gti?

Greg @ SSP would be able to tune the car for you.

njm23
11-20-2008, 02:36 PM
do you have any idea what your A/F is? Your motor could very well be killing itself if your running a stock turbo tune on a 2871r. Either way, why don't you just send your ecu out to uni or tapp, tune is like $700, i think it is worth it unless you plan on replacing your motor again.

kovalevandrew
11-20-2008, 02:39 PM
I've yet to be beaten by a GTI... Let alone a stock one... Come on man! Get your car tuned and demand a rematch. Or you could just ram him as he tries to get away. The GTI deserves it. [evilsmile]

Stumanbmx
11-20-2008, 02:43 PM
I can't wait for the "My car just died" thread.

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 02:44 PM
do you have any idea what your A/F is? Your motor could very well be killing itself if your running a stock turbo tune on a 2871r. Either way, why don't you just send your ecu out to uni or tapp, tune is like $700, i think it is worth it unless you plan on replacing your motor again.

Am not as stupid as you are perceiving me to be . Yea that is on the top of my "to buy" list wideband kit. But I dont have the money to buy one at the moment.

Another thing I dont race or push my car alot, only once in a while. I am only a college student with a part time job, so coming up with the fund to spend on a ~$800 tune/ecu/injectors is hard, got other things to pay off.

The seems to run fine in stock mode. its the same amount of psi being pushed through as a K03, the only difference is in chipped mode where volume counts.
But its all good here, no probs, keep it coming with suggestions on what is happening with my car, cuz other than the tune I have know idea.

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 02:46 PM
lol.. Did you really think that setup left up to its own devices without a tune would be faster than a stock gti?

Greg @ SSP would be able to tune the car for you.

You mean he can tune MIKA. I have ecu w/ MIKA on it.

KajunAudillac
11-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Is there a weight difference between your car and the GTI? That could also have a small effect as well with power to weight ratio. But it depends, after reading sounds like you have a tuning problem, in winter it should pull harder because of the cooler, denser air.

njm23
11-20-2008, 03:16 PM
I wasn't making you out to be anything, was just saying I hope you know what is going on inside your engine when you decide to go wot cause it could end up being pretty bad. You may have a hard time finding someone who can write over the mika tune, idk, but chris tapp couldnt do it for me with a giac tune. If i was u i would find a stock used ecu for $130 or w.e and start putting some money aside and see if you can't sell that mika tune to someone.

JumboBlack1.8
11-20-2008, 03:32 PM
It doesn't matter whether or not you boost.....that tune will do damage over time, since that turbo, injectors, and the larger MAF request completely different fuel values (as well as several other ones) than that stock/chipped tune does......you could be running too much or too little fuel throughout the power band, idle, and under light loads.....These tunes are very sensitive and need to be run with the hardware they're specified for (as i'm sure you know)......get tuning ASAP, or u'll be buying a new motor soon

SoFresh
11-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Pretty sure... isnt the GTI a 2.0T and even though you have a turbo upgrade youre still only a 1.8T.... and the GTI should be lighter. If its DSG it should also have launch control...

le91688
11-20-2008, 03:37 PM
lol audis r slow

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Pretty sure... isnt the GTI a 2.0T and even though you have a turbo upgrade youre still only a 1.8T.... and the GTI should be lighter. If its DSG it should also have launch control...

It is 05 1.8t. lighter in that it does not have awd components. not an 4 door sedan

Militant-Grunt
11-20-2008, 03:39 PM
You mean he can tune MIKA. I have ecu w/ MIKA on it.

No I mean he would be able to custom tune your car to your mods from scratch. Not a broad tune like unitronic, atp, or anyone else that fall under certain setups.

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 03:42 PM
It doesn't matter whether or not you boost.....that tune will do damage over time, since that turbo, injectors, and the larger MAF request completely different fuel values (as well as several other ones) than that stock/chipped tune does......you could be running too much or too little fuel throughout the power band, idle, and under light loads.....These tunes are very sensitive and need to be run with the hardware they're specified for (as i'm sure you know)......get tuning ASAP, or u'll be buying a new motor soon

YEA, I would love to have a tune but no money to buy it, i have talked serveral shops (uni distributor) and tapp, but price it up there even though I have most the parts.

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 03:44 PM
No I mean he would be able to custom tune your car to your mods from scratch. Not a broad tune like unitronic, atp, or anyone else that fall under certain setups.

PM sent

JumboBlack1.8
11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
YEA, I would love to have a tune but no money to buy it, i have talked serveral shops (uni distributor) and tapp, but price it up there even though I have most the parts.

I completely understand....going BT is very expensive....but if you can sell both the Mika AND the APR chipped ECU (estimated $500 to $600 right there), u'd be well on ur way to affording a good tune

Fink_tha_Audi
11-20-2008, 05:43 PM
I completely understand....going BT is very expensive....but if you can sell both the Mika AND the APR chipped ECU (estimated $500 to $600 right there), u'd be well on ur way to affording a good tune

You think people would buy MIKA on here. I was thinking ebay but not sure on what to sell it for.

Rhinop21
11-20-2008, 06:06 PM
I keep up with my friends mkv 2.0t gti up to 3 gear, then he rolls away from me.

le91688
11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I keep up with my friends mkv 2.0t gti up to 3 gear, then he rolls away from me.

Need more nos

sean1.8t
11-20-2008, 06:51 PM
The seems to run fine in stock mode. its the same amount of psi being pushed through as a K03, the only difference is in chipped mode where volume counts.
But its all good here, no probs, keep it coming with suggestions on what is happening with my car, cuz other than the tune I have know idea.

but it's not the same amount of air being pushed out of your GT as it would be at that same boost level with the k03.

don't boost your car. im suprised it's still running.

sell off whatever you don't need to live at the moment and get a tune.

it's priorities at this point