PDA

View Full Version : Anyone willing to help me take off my front bumper?

v1nyd
11-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah so, I'm following the DIY's but I seem to be retarded I guess because I cannot freaking get the thing off. I took off the two long bolts and the 4 screws in the fender. I didn't have a under pan belly so there were no bolts/screws down there. I'm trying to pull from the corner of the fender to get it off the clips but I can't I feel like either I'm forgetting to do something or I'm not doing it right. So if someone is near by Farmingdale in Long Island and knows how to take off the bumper and willing to help let me know. I'll even throw you a couple of bucks if you take if off for me!

v1nyd
11-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Oh it's a 99 A4 1.8T, (B5)

guglielmo
11-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Check that you took the screws out of the wheel liner. Then pull hard. If it still does not free up then pull even harder.

GetBoosted84
11-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Check that you took the screws out of the wheel liner. Then pull hard. If it still does not free up then pull even harder.

He's not kidding. It's really stuck on there good until you do it a few times. Then it comes right off after you get the trick down.

I always pull down, then out on my 2001.

v1nyd
11-18-2008, 08:45 PM
He's not kidding. It's really stuck on there good until you do it a few times. Then it comes right off after you get the trick down.

I always pull down, then out on my 2001.

Hm I guess it is because I'm not pulling hard enough..time to go gack to the gym lol.

It felt like it was going to break off but I guess it wont? I'll try to pull harder hopefully my hand wont keep slipping like yesterday.