PDA

View Full Version : Best bov or bv?

a4rings
10-18-2004, 07:22 PM
What works best for our cars and still gives a little bit of noise? And all i would need it to hold is the pressure of a chipped k03. thanks.

Zodiak
10-18-2004, 08:29 PM
metalic DV with an open air cone filter. Or GFB Hybrid DV. personally I think neither route is worth the money just for the sound. but it's up to you

EVIL-AUDI
10-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Please do a search for such openly discussed topics.

skene
10-19-2004, 06:41 AM
so mean. Let him ask.

98a4
10-19-2004, 02:00 PM
GFB Hybrid

JMG
10-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Bailey or Forge DV.

pigliiit
10-19-2004, 03:12 PM
yeah, dont waste money on a 710N, listen to jmg. unless ur poor.

MikekiM
10-19-2004, 05:36 PM
Bailey..
In stock here (http://www.pure-motorsport.com/products/description.php/II=960/CA=25/PA=4)

a4rings
10-19-2004, 08:45 PM
is the GFB hard to install?

Zodiak
10-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by a4rings
is the GFB hard to install?
no, same installation process as any other DV

jeremy@matrix
10-21-2004, 12:39 PM
We have had great success with the Forge BPV's.

You really shouldn't be running a BOV because it’s a metered air system—all the incoming air is metered by the MAF/ECU. If you discharge that metered air to atmosphere via a BOV, the ECU is still fueling for that incoming air. You’ll essentially be causing your car to run richer. The factory uses a BPV so we do too. We highly suggest the Forge DV007P and have black units in stock; $135.

The problem with a stock diverter valve is that it has a rubber diaphragm(like a balloon material) which can rupture over time. It is prone to rupturing especially when you’re running more boost (via an aftermarket chip). So, to relieve the BPV issue, we offer the Forge units that have a piston and o-ring instead of the rubber diaphragm.

HTH,
Jeremy

98a4
10-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Please don’t insult me on this...I know my shit well enough, but no one has ever been able to give me a clear answer on this...

When the DV vents it still removes air from the charge lines...and that air was already metered, same as a BOV. So, in theory the car would still momentarily run rich. The air is re-circulated back after the t-body, but the air is traveling at ~100mph at times and it hits a flat surface on the inside of the TIP. The air will split and half will go back out the filter while the other half will go back into the compressor. So, my question is… BPV’s also “vent” the air in a way, it has already been metered and fuel is sent accordingly, but when it re-circulates that air still is no in the combustion chamber where the car thinks It should be… So why is a BOV so much worse then a BPV, both remove air that is so post to in the the chamber to have it run at the proper A/F.

I have run BOV’s, Hybrids, and BPV’s so I don’t need a speech on the basic fundamentals of each… I’m sure the answer is simple, but I’ve asked a few other times at other places with no substantial responses….

jeremy@matrix
10-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 98a4
Please don’t insult me on this...I know my shit well enough, but no one has ever been able to give me a clear answer on this...

When the DV vents it still removes air from the charge lines...and that air was already metered, same as a BOV. So, in theory the car would still momentarily run rich. The air is re-circulated back after the t-body, but the air is traveling at ~100mph at times and it hits a flat surface on the inside of the TIP. The air will split and half will go back out the filter while the other half will go back into the compressor. So, my question is… BPV’s also “vent” the air in a way, it has already been metered and fuel is sent accordingly, but when it re-circulates that air still is no in the combustion chamber where the car thinks It should be… So why is a BOV so much worse then a BPV, both remove air that is so post to in the the chamber to have it run at the proper A/F.

I have run BOV’s, Hybrids, and BPV’s so I don’t need a speech on the basic fundamentals of each… I’m sure the answer is simple, but I’ve asked a few other times at other places with no substantial responses….

No insult, it's a fair question.

A BPV releases the pressure back into the intake plumbing, POST-MAF, PRE-throttle body(so it's not metered a second time).

A BOV releases the pressure DIRECTLY to atmosphere.

Where did you hear that with a BPV, half of that pressure goes back out the filter? Remember that the turbo is sucking in air...

a4rings
10-21-2004, 04:09 PM
So a hybrit bov would be bad?

Zodiak
10-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by a4rings
So a hybrit bov would be bad?
some would argue, not as bad as a BOV but not as good as a DV, since some air gets recirculated. All a hybrid DV/BOV is a DV with a horn on the side, so when the piston pushes back out (when there's a decrease, or negative pressure in the line) then it some of the air slips out to the horn and the rest plumbs back though. IIRC 1 member logged blocks with the GFB hybrid and a Forge007 and saw no difference in fuel delivery, but I may be wrong. I'll wait for that member to chime in if he so chooses.

littlewhite
10-21-2004, 05:39 PM
[:p]

JMG
10-21-2004, 07:20 PM
Whats the point in changing something for just sound when a DV works perfectly? You're running into "pointless mods" territory when you bust your balls debating if the BOV is doing more harm than good when the BPV is staring you right in the face.

The Forge, Bailey, Strat, etc... BPVs work very well for our cars. What else do you want? Sound? All this debate for sound?

Now if you are talking about big turbo upgrades where you would want the extra pressure te be discharged that is a different story, but APR Stage III, KO4's, t-28s all work well with BPVs. I doubt most of the people who want BOVs are even in this situation.

OverSpun
10-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by skene
so mean. Let him ask.

ha, you should talk, you practically bite peoples faces off half the time. [:p]

Pureaudi
10-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by OverSpun
ha, you should talk, you practically bite peoples faces off half the time. [:p]

i testify to that. skene has riped my face in shreds. multiple times....but i love the pain! ohhh IT HURTS SO GOOOOOD!

skene
10-21-2004, 07:37 PM
you ask for it....

It's reality online... someone has to give that check!

;)