PDA

View Full Version : Couple of interrior questions...

fanuvbrak
10-18-2004, 07:03 AM
I was vaccuming out my car yesterday (99 A4 1.8TQ Tip) and I opened the rear ashtray for the first time since I've owned it. On the ashtray cover is a picture of the engine or trans and inside, next to the ashtray is a hole that looks like it should have something in it. I don't have the Owner's Manual, so I don't know what it is...

Also, on the driver's side in the rear is a little button that has a picture of the car and "waves" coming down from the ceiling. I told my son it was to protect him from alien's reading his thoughts, but what's it really do? is it a heater? something to do with the stereo?

Daft
10-18-2004, 07:58 AM
That area in the rear ashtray is where the older version of the OBDII connector was located. Newer (97+ I believe) cars have the OBDII connector by the hood release.

The button on the B-pillar on the driver's side is the disable button for the alarm's interior motion sensor. When you arm the alarm, any motion inside the car will trigger the alarm. If the windows are down, the motion sensor can detect motion outside the car.

fanuvbrak
10-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Thanks.

IndieRockSteve
10-18-2004, 09:42 AM
My interior motion sensor switch is broken, anyone ever replace it and know the cost and procedure to do it?

thanks!